Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Beacon harbor
LSF Member
From Zimmerman/MilleLacs
Anyone been fishing out of Beacon latelyHow far out are there houses and how deep?

Posted on: 2016/1/20 21:44
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Beacon harbor
LSF Member
I have not been to the ends of the main roads for Beacon's or Hillman's the last few days but both were over 5 miles out the last time I was out there. They have been opening up about 1 mile of main road at a time and letting it freeze down good before letting people out there or moving the rentals out there. Yesterday I could see the plows from both roads working out beyond 5 miles. Both roads have the rentals out in about as deep of water as there is. Me, I've spent my whole life being that speck on the horizon ahead of the people but now I'm way back behind everyone in 8 to 9 feet of water and doing just fine.

Posted on: 2016/1/21 9:21

LSF Member
I talked to Buddy Hillman this morning and Hillman's main road will be coned off at about 5.4 miles. Beyond that he found some ice conditions that he feels should not have repeated vehicle traffic yet. Nobody knows URL ice as good as Buddy so I listen to what he says.

Posted on: 2016/1/21 16:00

LSF Member
From Zimmerman/MilleLacs
Thanks for the info Kelly.I`m coming up next Fri.and staying in the 12by 20 out of Beacon,I think one of your old houses.Debating on bringing wheelers and portables.Guess we`ll wait till its closer and make the call.

Posted on: 2016/1/21 21:54

LSF Member
From Brainerd/Garrison
I wish you could like comments on here because you respect what certain people say and do.....Kelly......Buddy😀

Posted on: 2016/1/22 1:54

LSF Member
Quote:

eastsideangler wrote:
Thanks for the info Kelly.I`m coming up next Fri.and staying in the 12by 20 out of Beacon,I think one of your old houses.Debating on bringing wheelers and portables.Guess we`ll wait till its closer and make the call.

A person will almost always catch more fish out of a portable or standing outside then in a hardhouse on URL. Sometimes a dramatic difference. For the days you will be here the forecasted highs are 32 degrees. Good luck fishing.

Posted on: 2016/1/25 11:37

LSF Member
Beacon's road is now at 6 miles. To give everyone more room Hillman's road is parallel to Beacon's 1 mile south and is now out 7 miles to some rough ice and then it angles another 2 1/2 miles to the NW. 9 1/2 miles to the end of Hillman's road. This extension of Hillman's road opens up over 6 square miles of lake that has not been fished hard yet this winter. Cross country travel is pretty good if you watch out for rough ice patches.

Posted on: 2016/1/28 21:14

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page