Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Bear paw guides? Upper red lake advice
LSF Member
Hey Sourasinth,
How far did they have you out? I will be staying in their 10x22 the week of 2/15.

Posted on: 2016/2/3 16:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Lino Lakes, MN
Sorry it took so long for me to reply, hard to say, but my guess we were out about 4 to 5 miles. I arrived wednesday nite with my boy, and the other 2 in my party showed up around 3pm that day. When we got there, they already had there limit. But the bite was just about to get better during the nite on rattle reels. The nite bite was awesome. We probably had 4-6 rattle reel bites an hr, then it died between 130am-3am, then it started up again. We had a blast that first nite, but steve/Tyler still said they wanted to move us to a different spot for even a better bite. Boy, they weren't kidding. It was game on every nite. But we did learn to use a treble hook or a hook with a long shank, that definitely made a difference on the catch success rate. Fatheads and small suckered minnows were the key to us. Put a snap weight about 5" up from the hook and it's game on. If you have anymore questions, just PM me and I'll send you my # and we can talk further.

Posted on: 2016/2/4 23:06

LSF Member
They are great guys and they know how to keep you on the fish. Me and my group cannot wait. Did you try any rainbow minnows?

Posted on: 2016/2/5 11:21

LSF Member
From Lino Lakes, MN
We did not have any rainbows, but we fished with fatheads, small suckered minnows, shiners, and albino fatheads. Fatheads and small (3"-4") suckered minnows out produced the rest 4 to 1. But your right, Steve and Tyler are great guys. They go above and beyond the call of duty to please their customers. They're #1 in my books for Red Lake.

Posted on: 2016/2/5 16:58

Administrator
Reverend,

I see your staying in the big house and you will surely be happy with that house. If you have a generator, bring it and also if you have a small car battery or a deep cycle battery bring that also and you will have lights on when you need them. The out houses are small but all you need, we bring baby wipes and our own Toilet paper and trash bags. Hope the bite is on and the fish cooperate for you. Steve and Tyler are the best and everyone on that great lake will help you in any way they can. I love that place.......Kirk

Posted on: 2016/2/5 17:08

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
Kirk
Thank you for your reply. I have stayed with Bear Paw many times. I was lucky enough to get the big 10/22 last year as well and it is laid out great inside. We run the lights and fans when we needed them all week with one small deep cycle battery and it never died. I also have to say, in all my years of ice fishing and renting sleepers, this was the first one I have rented that has a propane fireplace!
One week from right now (almost 12pm) I should be pulling onto one of the best lakes in Minnesota. Upper Red Lake!!! See you all then.
Reverend

Posted on: 2016/2/8 12:54

LSF Member
From Andover, Mn
How is the action on URL? Let's keep this thread going.

Posted on: 2016/2/17 9:16

LSF Member
Going up next week....any current information?

Posted on: 2016/2/18 13:12

LSF Member
From Saginaw, MN
Just returned from three days on Red south shore. Grand total for the trip 1 eight inch perch and 1 nine inch walleye. Water 11 feet to 14 feet for three moves. My last trip for this year. Reminded me of the days leading up to the crash. Good luck if you go.

Posted on: 2016/2/18 15:20

LSF Member
From Fargo, ND
We had a group of four of us that were up on Monday/Tuesday this week and unfortunately we ended up with zero fish. Only had one very light bite on rattle reel and 3 or 4 marks on the flasher, but no takers. When we were checking out with Steve, he said all of their houses were pretty dead and they were in the process of moving all of them closer to shore to an area six miles away from where we were set up. I hope you have better luck than we did!

Posted on: 2016/2/18 15:23

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page