Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Bemidji Area Ice Conditions
LSF Member
From New Ulm, MN
I have not been up to the area since early ice. The last time we were up there was from 9-11 inches consistently, however we're looking to make another trip up if there are driving restriction on Leech for Eelpout festival.

Lakes we'd be looking at would be lake Bemidji, or Winne. Any ice updates? Trucks driving everywhere?

Posted on: 2016/2/12 10:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Bemidji Area Ice Conditions
LSF Member
Was out on the south end of Lake Bemidji yesterday with my 1 ton Dodge diesel dually truck pulling a 20' sleeper. About 22" of solid ice. Was out on the north end of the lake last weekend and there was close to 20" then, and with the cold this week I would imagine it only improved. Slow fishing with this cold front though.

Posted on: 2016/2/13 5:31

LSF Member
From New Ulm, MN
Thank you for the update. Friends in the area so I'm hoping they can guide us a bit otherwise we'll just find some structure and set up!

Posted on: 2016/2/14 20:03

LSF Member
From New Ulm, MN
How much snow is on the ice? Can a guy get around off the roads pretty easy?

Posted on: 2016/2/15 11:06

LSF Member
From New Ulm, MN
Are there any accesses on the lake that I should avoid when pulling a wheel house?

Posted on: 2016/2/16 10:15

LSF Member
If you have 4 wheel drive you should be able to get off the roads no problem. There are some drifts but not too bad. As far as the landings I've been out from the southeast side by the event center, out of Cameron park and also the north end, and all were easy to get out on the lake. Good luck fishing and please post a report on how you do.

Posted on: 2016/2/16 18:35

LSF Member
From New Ulm, MN
Thanks! looks like north east landing might be where we target. We have 4 houses coming so I'm hoping to find a bit of structure away from other houses if possible to set up on, then we will wander and search for fish during the days! I'll definitely post back.

Posted on: 2016/2/16 22:01

LSF Member
From New Ulm, MN
We found a few fish over the weekend. Couple nice walleyes and mostly small perch. Wandered around the lake a bit to find them but ended up just staying put int he fish house due to the wind. Ice was good, snow melted a lot and made a bit of a mess for a day but overall it was a great weekend on the ice!

Posted on: 2016/2/22 16:17

LSF Member
Thanks for the report, and glad to hear that you were able to get a couple nice eyes. I haven't had much luck with them on Bemidji so far this year, but have nailed lots of nice perch. Wasn't able to get out this weekend, but hoping for some luck next weekend for the eye finale!

Posted on: 2016/2/22 18:36

LSF Member
How much ice is on the lakes up there coming up this weekend planning on just driving the truck out rather then hauling the sleds up but if we need to we can bring them

Posted on: 2016/2/22 20:07

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page