Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »

2016 Twins.....better or worse?
LSF Member
From Minnesota
2015 they had 83 wins and finished in 2nd place 12 games behind the Royals.

Where do they finish this year?
Will they win more or less then 83 games?
Will Buxton be the every day center fielder all year?
Will Sano hit over or under 25 homeruns?

My prediction is the Twins finish 4th ahead of Chicago. Win less then 80 games. Sano hits 16 hrs and is on the DL at least once. Buxton gets called up in July to play center field.

Yankees win the East, Detroit wins the Central, Texas wins the West. KC & Toronto get the wild cards.

Posted on: 2016/3/1 15:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: 2016 Twins.....better or worse?
LSF Member
From St. Paul, Hackensack-Longville-Leech
Going optimistic....91 wins and Wild Card spot. KC Takes division again

Sano Mashes 30+

and Buxton starts day 1

Posted on: 2016/3/1 15:21

LSF Member
Same old, same old. They didn't really do anything to be better. Pitching staff is still sub par. May score a few more runs.

Finish 3rd
Win 80 games
Buxton will get hurt and miss at least 30 games.
Sano will hit 32 HR's and have 240 stikeouts

Fun to watch, but not going to the post season....

Posted on: 2016/3/1 15:31

LSF Member
From Chaska, MN
81 wins, Buxton gets hurt, Sano mashes, Mauer hits .285 while leading the league in rollover Double Plays to second, and they wait half way thru the year to call up Berrio's who finishes the year 7-0 with a 1.78 era but hey the Pohlad's saved an arbitration year! Oh and they (Pohlad's) also pocketed another 30-60 million thanks to MLB, their Daddy and Hennepin Counties generosity. And this marks the 4th straight year I don't give them any of my money, after previously being a season ticket holder.

Posted on: 2016/3/1 16:07

LSF Member
From Minnesota
I can be a very good Twins fan without attending any games. Baseball for me is sitting on the porch listening to the game on the radio sipping a Windsor 7 at the lake.

I'm a baseball fan as much or more then a Twins fan.

Posted on: 2016/3/1 16:11

LSF Member
From 55416
80 wins +/-3 seems about right and for me it's mostly pitching. Starting pitching will be average at best (and likely 25th or worse) and the bullpen is pretty thin while they wait on all those relievers in A+/AA.

Sano should be about the same as last year if he can stay healthy, Buxton will be good if healthy. Rosario need to play everyday so we can trade him next winter, hopefully Murphy plays 120+ games this year too and keeps Suzuki pinned to the bench. Would be nice to see both Berrios and Kepler before August, Berrios before June 1 would be really nice cause current options stink.

I'll take a stab and say Boston, Cleveland and Houston as division winners, Tampa and Texas as WC in the AL.
Mets, Cubs and Giants as division winners, Dodgers and Pirates as WC in the NL.

Posted on: 2016/3/1 16:26

LSF Member
I'll say they improve over the 83 wins last year but not by much,

The pitching should still be average at best but the reason I think they'll be a little better is because they should have Santana for the full season this year, Hughes tends to be an every other year pitcher and this should be his up year, Gibson seems to be getting a little better each year, and they have some potential young talent waiting in the wings. Between that I can see an extra 2-3 wins.

Additionally they had a lot of youth in the field last year that can hopefully take another small step forward. If they do that should be worth another couple wins.

Between 2-3 more wins from the pitching staff and 2-3 more wins because of improved young players in the field it seems reasonable to expect 4-6 more wins. I'll trim expectations a little and hope for 3 more wins than last year. I'll make my official prediction 86 wins and then losing in the Wild Card playoff game.

Posted on: 2016/3/1 17:11

LSF Member
From Minneapolis & Myr Mar Villas
With them running Sano around in the outfield, he'll be on the IR before April is done. Buxton will continue to regress, Perkins is done, the starting rotation will collapse, the Wild will miss the playoffs, the Gophers will fire Pitino and then shut down the basketball program. Not all hope is lost, the Vikings will win the Super Bowl.

Posted on: 2016/3/1 18:11

LSF Member
From On the fish!
I say they will be in the hunt for a wild card...buxton and sano will be as advertised they will be good but injury prone... Yes they will hold berrios back and he'll get pissed and prob won't be a twin for long (hope I'm wrong cause he's a stud) but that's the twins way. You gotta like the potential in this team and the future is on the up and up I'm just gonna sit back be patient and enjoy watching this team grow

Posted on: 2016/3/1 20:44

LSF Member
From In a van down by the river
Screw the Pohlad's. Buncha losers

Posted on: 2016/3/1 21:53

(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page