Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

Re: 2016 Twins.....better or worse?
LSF Member
From Maple Plain, MN
People are really hating on Park. Sure, he potentially has bust written all over him. But, so does 95% of every other MLB contract. Park has the natural mechanics in his swing which shows he has great potential. It is a nice compact swing with lots of power. Now he just needs to add the "eye" in his hand-eye coordination. MLB pitching is leaps and bounds over what he is used to seeing from the last several years. From the at-bats I saw this Spring, I would not bet much on the "plus" for a 25+/- HR season in 2016, but I also wouldn't bet the family farm on the "minus".

This is not a World Series team, but it is showing signs of improvement and our farm system is strong. Just hope they keep developing and in a few more years... who knows???

I called the 2015 Royals WS title 3 years ago and I see the Twins in a very similar position 3-4 years from now if they can open the wallets and make the Free Agent role player signings at the right time when the farm kids are trending up in the Bigs.

Posted on: 2016/3/15 15:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Minneapolis & Myr Mar Villas
Well, right now it's looking far worse than any of us could have imagined. Before today's loss, they'd already set a record for futility and now have padded their race to the bottom. It's disheartening to have the season pretty much done before the first week is even played out. I know, it's still early yet so.......we still have the Wild?

Posted on: 2016/4/10 20:31

LSF Member
From Minnesota
0-6 isn't good but there is some bright spots. With the exception of Saturdays 7-0 loss the starting pitching has been very good. Today Nolasco was exceptional. It will turn, it's always a long season and this will be no different.

Posted on: 2016/4/10 20:42

LSF Member
From vadnais heights
Lets be real.. Are they a world series team??? Probably not but both of the teams they lost to might be by the end of the year. Park and Buxton have struggled but its only their first week in the bigs. They'll learn or get sent down. The pitching has been good against good line UPS so that's promising so far. They went extra innings on the road against the world series champs. Yes they lost but they showed signs of life. They'll get to see how they stack up against teams that aren't as good as Baltimore or Kansas city.

Posted on: 2016/4/10 21:09

LSF Member
From SE Metro
No, they are not a World Series contender. However, 3 of the 6 losses are by 1 run and 2 are by 2 runs. The 7-0 blowout 2nd game against KC was the only bad game. They have had a rough start, but I think they will finish over .500 and could potentially contend for a postseason spot....I hope.

Posted on: 2016/4/11 0:01

LSF Member
From South metro
Only 94 to go till 100

LETS GO

Posted on: 2016/4/11 6:30

LSF Member
From St. Paul, MN
I believe they were 1 - 6 last year when they came home for the opener and they ended up a game or two out of the wild card. I think they will go places in the future but going out and spending a lot of money on Asian players is not what they need to be doing. What's his name was a bust and Park may not be yet but if you can't hit a big league ball, you can't hit.

Posted on: 2016/4/11 8:39

LSF Member
From Eagan
Averaging 10 strike outs a game.... 14 in yesterdays game alone

Posted on: 2016/4/11 8:52

LSF Member
Quote:

Doberfishman wrote:
I believe they were 1 - 6 last year when they came home for the opener and they ended up a game or two out of the wild card.

I think that's part of the problem, it's the first week of the season and we are needing a miracle so we can maybe finish end up one or two games out of the wild card.

They have no leadership on the team and their hitting is horrible (that might be putting it nicely). For now I am not wasting my time watching them, thank God the Wild are still playing! I think I am going to not follow them at all any more until they can realistically contend for a playoff spot... I'll just wait for that bandwagon to come by and I'll hop on!

Posted on: 2016/4/11 8:57

LSF Member
A rough start for sure.

I assume they'll get better. I mean the team batting average has to get better than .223, doesn't it?

On the plus side the team ERA is just slightly better than league average. If they can just learn which end of the bat to hold maybe they can win a few games.

Posted on: 2016/4/11 10:14

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page