Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

Re: 2016 Twins.....better or worse?
LSF Member
From St. Henry, MN
Quote:

pickelweasel wrote:
I have seen a lot of you predict 80+ wins, someone even said 85! I think you are all crazy, I'd say 75...if they're lucky!

Lets think about the division:
KC They are the WS champs. They have a better offense, better starters, and probably the best BP in baseball. So they are far superior to us.
Detroit. Their offense should be one of the best in baseball. Starting rotation should be pretty good, and their BP has always been their achillies, but they think they have it fixed, we'll see. I would take their team over ours for sure.
Cleveland. They have a very good starting staff possibly one of the best. Their offense is only average, and to be honest I don't know much about their BP.
CWS. I am not sure why every one is so down on these guys. Their offense should be good, their starters are very good, and their BP is solid. I actually think this team should contend very well. Again I am not sure why everyone is so down on them?
Twins. Our starters are average at absolute best. Our offense is very unproven, and they guys that are proven aren't very good. (mauer good avg, but no power. Dozier good pop, but no average. Plouffe double play machine and mediocre at very best. Suzuki one year wonder.) The rest are complete unknowns.

So to me when I look at the division, I can't see how anyone would think we will be .500? I think we will be lucky to finish 4th in the division.

And after watching most of the first 8 games, I don't see us finishing anywhere but last. And my bold prediction is Buxton will be known as one of the biggest busts in baseball. He is pathetic to watch at the plate.

Since I always get told on here "that I never said that", looks like I pretty much nailed this one.

Posted on: 2016/9/8 12:25
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Minnesota
Yes you nailed it pretty good except Buxton shouldn't be termed a bust just yet. He has a ways to go but if he can fix this strikeout problem he will be very, very good. As they say, you can't teach speed.

Posted on: 2016/9/8 15:33

LSF Member
From St. Henry, MN
Buxton has a looooong way to go. I sure hope he gets better but, typically once a free swinger with no eye the plate, always a free swinger with no eye at the plate.

I hope he turns it around, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Posted on: 2016/9/9 11:44

LSF Member
Quote:

F6firecat wrote:
I pretty much stand by my prediction, even though my negative prediction was even over inflated.

But in hindsight, coaching has to take a lot of the blame here. Other than Dozier lately, name one player on the team that met expectations? None of them did. That is coaching. Sorry, but Bruno has to go, great guy, but hitting on this team is terrible.

But I probably had been drinking too...just sayin

The one player (besides Dozier, who has crushed anyone's expectations) who has met, and I would argue exceeded expectations is Max Kepler. We heard his name before this year, but no one expected him to be anything like Buxton or Sano. But Kepler has turned into a legitimate everyday outfielder and is among the leaders in many rookie stats. Among all American league rookies he's 2nd in runs scored, 6th in hits, 3rd in doubles, 2nd in Homers, 1st in RBI's 1st in walks. If anyone expected him to accomplish all that, I'd love to know who. His defense has been more than adequate as well.

The truth is, the offense hasn't been all that bad. Maybe they haven't lived up to everyone's expectations, but the Twins are middle of the pack or better in almost every offensive metric. It's the pitching that's gotten us where we are. The starters are bad, and the bullpen is truly terrible. The stats bear this out too, the pitching is at or near the bottom in almost ever metric. If there is a place to put blame on this team, it isn't hitters, its pitchers.

Posted on: 2016/9/9 12:02

LSF Member
From Minnesota
I'll agree that the pitching is the overall reason I'd argue that the hitters are the ones who put us in this currant position. The season was lost in April & May when the hitters weren't hitting hardly at all. Pitching then was average but certainly not as dismal as the last couple months. Hitters dug the hole, the pitchers threw the dirt on top.

Agree Kepler has been a eye opener. Torii Hunter wasn't a hitter the first couple times he was called up either. There is zero chance I do anything with Buxton until after next year. Waiting one more year won't matter with this team in the long haul.

Posted on: 2016/9/9 12:31

LSF Member
From Minnesota
Mercifully it's nearly over. As could be predicted they are knocking Sale around in the last game of the year. Congrats to Dozier, his 2nd half was amazing.

Now, get the new guys in here, fire everybody and get started on the overhaul.

1991 WAS 25 YEARS AGO..........nobody is getting any younger.

Posted on: 2016/10/2 15:26

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page