Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

HS hockey
LSF Member
From Minneapolis & Myr Mar Villas
After six straight losses in the championship game Hermantown finally stands tallest after spanking "The Breck School". So glad to see that! Finale...Wayzata-Eden Prairie. Sad no northern schools, at least it's not represented by another private school with "paid players" !

Posted on: 2016/3/5 19:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: HS hockey
LSF Member
From In Depth Outdoors
X's 2 WS. I love the HS state hockey tourney. Been pretty busy catching up on the games via DVR. I'm kinda disappointed at all the blowouts this year. What happened to all the nail biter, multiple OT games? Those in my opinion are way funner to watch than a bunch of kids getting hat tricks. One more game. Should be a good one!

Posted on: 2016/3/5 20:08

LSF Member
From Hibbing
Quote:

Walleye-Student wrote:
After six straight losses in the championship game Hermantown finally stands tallest after spanking "The Breck School". So glad to see that! Finale...Wayzata-Eden Prairie. Sad no northern schools, at least it's not represented by another private school with "paid players" !

Yes, I was also glad to see a northern team win, BUT, keep in mind Hermantown ain't the small town team they used to be. 11 current varsity players either didn't come up in their system or don't live in the district, they just play there. My daughter's Hibbing High School teacher's kid plays for them as well. They are becoming the very team they complained about for years (St. Thomas Academy). Though technically not recruiting (open enrollment, which IMO ruined high school hockey), this all stinks!! Hopefully with the win today, they may reevaluate their program and move up. They're already beating the AA schools in peewees and bantams.

Posted on: 2016/3/5 21:33

LSF Member
From Minneapolis & Myr Mar Villas
Wow, thanks for the update on Hermantown. Didn't really know, just got disgusted with these private "cities schools" recruiting and paying tuition to build their lineup. Total bs. I started following back in the early 70's. I always rooted for those northern or range schools. Edina was despised! Lately I've liked Duluth East, was always a challenge for these city "elites". Don't know although I suppose I wouldn't be surprised if they now are following the Hermantown model. Anyway, Wayzata has stormed back to tie. They're playing the way I played, dropping the hammer. Two 5 minute majors but they got EP looking over their shoulders!

Posted on: 2016/3/5 21:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Hibbing
Again , not putting them down, they have a great program. Just grew up in the play for your community good or bad environment. It was good when I played in the 80's, not so much since, but give credit to the kids who have stayed here through thick and thin. Not Hermantown's fault that kids (parents) want to play there for a chance at the big show, just stating that when you can pull that kind of talent in, small schools like Hibbing, Greenway, Falls, etc don't have much of a chance anymore. I applaud teams such as Roseau and Warroad. Those kids take pride in the Jersey they put on, good or bad!!!

Posted on: 2016/3/5 22:25

LSF Member
From Hibbing
And yes, would like to see Wayzata win. First time in the big game!!!

Posted on: 2016/3/5 22:27

LSF Member
From Hibbing
Sorry, a win, congrats to them!! Great game!!

Posted on: 2016/3/5 22:30

LSF Member
From In Depth Outdoors
Crap...... After a long day on the ice, I settled into my chair to watch and fell asleep. Woke up just as they were celebrating. Guess I'm going to have to watch it on DVR in the morning. Highlights looked like an awesome game. Congrats Wayzeta, and all who made it to state this year.

Posted on: 2016/3/5 22:41

LSF Member
From Hibbing
Also congrats go out to Grand Rapids and Bemidji for coming back and bringing hardware north to their hometowns!!!!

Posted on: 2016/3/5 22:51

LSF Member
From Hibbing
Kind of ironic. At the end of tv tourney coverage, even the commentator eluded to wanting Plante to reevaluate the program after the seventh state championship appearance. Apparently I'm not the only one weighing in on this subject.

Posted on: 2016/3/5 23:21

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page