Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Migration 2016~
LSF Member
From central mn
Gotta be the 1st,have never seen a spring migration kick in so early or so fast,spent the better part of the day on the ice yesterday,and its official sping has sprung,watched a large flock of sandhills cruise by mid afternoon,swans,dark geese by the 100's heading north,several 100 ducks as well.
This morning while walking my pup large flocks of canadas@high altitude heading north in large migrating "V" formation.

Posted on: 2016/3/7 12:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Migration 2016~
LSF Member
From Princeton,MN
It's going too quick. I was down at our hunting land in SW MN over the weekend. Every patch of pond covered with ice, had 200 dark geese on it. I setup a spread for sunday near a waterhole migrants will usually use. Didn't see many snows, and never fired a shot. If I could have shot canadas, cacklers, or specks, i could have piled them up.

As I left last night most every body of water had ice turning black, i would imagine within the next two days most all the sloughs and small lakes will be open, and the migration will blow through while I am sitting at my desk. Reports I am seeing from Arkansas and southern Missouri, are saying the remnants are dwindling quickly.

Not going to lie, i am pretty bummed.

Posted on: 2016/3/7 13:08

LSF Member
From Thief River Falls
yeah its crazy. Was heading home from LOW last night and saw a flock of canadas flying over warroad. Never thought I would see any geese so early up here, especially since we still have a couple feet of snow.

Posted on: 2016/3/7 13:14

LSF Member
I've been seeing more swans migrating than canadas near Brainerd in the last week or so. There were at least 100 swans in a field near Ft Ripley last week.

Posted on: 2016/3/7 13:44

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page