Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Got my boots wet
LSF Member
From St Michael
I decided to try one last trip out on the lake tonight. I got to the landing and it was open in spots and sketchy in others. Before unloading everything, I threw on the boots and figured I'd try the ice I'd be walking on. It held me up but was very flexible and noisy. I wanted to make sure it was ok so I bounced up and down and straight through it went. Thank goodness I figured that out before trying to move out deeper. Now it's really time to switch over to open water.

Dan

Posted on: 2016/3/7 22:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Got my boots wet
LSF Member
From Chaska
What lake where you on?

Posted on: 2016/3/7 22:18

LSF Member
From St Michael
Quote:

Hawkeye31 wrote:
What lake where you on?

Maple

Posted on: 2016/3/7 22:19

LSF Member
From Fargo
Yikes!!!

Posted on: 2016/3/8 8:38

LSF Member
From East Central,MN
The closer to shore you are the weaker it is as the shoreline warms the water. Had you gotten out a ways you should have been ok. Hoping to get out for one last hurrah tomorrow.

Posted on: 2016/3/8 10:20
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same" Ronald Reagan
2014 LSF Fall Trolling Get Together Champion

LSF Member
From St Michael
Quote:

sunkinboat wrote:
The closer to shore you are the weaker it is as the shoreline warms the water. Had you gotten out a ways you should have been ok. Hoping to get out for one last hurrah tomorrow.

I was sure that I could have made it safely out onto the ice, but I was worried that the ice would pull back even further whiles was out there. And since it was dark and I was alone I figured it wasn't worth it. Not to mention the 8 inches of water in my boots.😀

On a plus though, switching over to crocks in 65 degree temps,it felt just like landing a boat on a trailer.

Posted on: 2016/3/8 10:48

LSF Member
From East Central,MN
Good call, for sure wouldnt venture out after dark, especially alone.

Posted on: 2016/3/8 12:01
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same" Ronald Reagan
2014 LSF Fall Trolling Get Together Champion

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page