Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 19 »

Re: 2016 Vikings
LSF Member
From West metro
Defense isn't the problem..... it all starts with a QB in this league.

Only once every 20 years or so can a Defense win it all, Bears, Ravens and Broncos are your examples.

You need a top tier QB to be great and an avg. one to be OK....

Based on numbers the Defense was the reason they won last year and the Offense was horrible. The QB was the worst in the Div.... even with added weapons. Not sure that's fixable, but most will blame the O-line.... but did the other QB's in the Div. have better O-line play???? NOPE!

Posted on: 2016/3/9 11:45
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
Quote:

F6firecat wrote:
I don't understand your reasoning on Sendejo. Why is his resign terrible? And you blame Spielman, but I am sure Zim made that call. Sendejo is not a started, but one hell of a backup, and he got NFL safety backup pay, and he knows the system. Great signing in my book. They still need a starter, but can work on that still in free agency or the draft.

All the teams that make big moves for big players, all struggle, because that new player does not know the playbook. Teams that make their players work, resign their good players, usually do well. Zim is looking at his former players in Cinci because they already know his system.

And that does not even account for cap fitting contracts.

I don't understand your opinion on Sendejo?!?!?

$16 million is backup money??? They could have went after Iloka a little harder (Spielman's job). Zimmer has already coached him so he could stepped in day one and is only 26 years old. Our secondary could have been conceivably fixed for the next 4-5 years with a MINIMUM of 3 high quality starters.

He would have been a massive upgrade to SUNDUNGHO who cant cover a deep ball or tackle to save his life (pretty much the job of an NFL safety). He is a special teams player at best. Could have kept Terrance Newman and put him at safety as the backup as well as a backup CB.

Posted on: 2016/3/9 11:45

LSF Member
From Chaska, MN
Agreed Firecat, Sendejo basically got a one year $4 million deal, vs 3 years 18 mil for Iloka. The two deals are not comparable. Remember NFL deals are only as good as the guaranteed money. I've been very happy with Spielman, and am riding shotgun on Zimmer's bandwagon. I'll let them do what they do, and worry about my next fishing trip!

Posted on: 2016/3/9 11:46

LSF Member
Agree with you 100% GPowers. Our QB SUCKS!! Last time I checked the most important requirement was to be able to throw the ball over 10 yards accurately. He cant do that with any consistency. But like idiots the Vikings will roll with him for the next decade and squander Zimmer's talent and the defense that he built.

Posted on: 2016/3/9 11:47

LSF Member
And also the detail of Sendejo's contract is that most of the money is based on playing time, so if they do get a different starter, he does not make that full amount. To me it was a great signing, great backup player that will get paid if he has to get playing time for whatever reason.

Buck - you just have an anti-Viking attitude. Tell me their solution at QB, tell me what they should have done? Drafted Cam Newton, not possible, drafted Andrew Luck, not possible, signed Aaron Rodgers, not possible. What better option did the Vikings have at QB where their draft picks were? What better free agent QB should they have signed, under their current cap, that would be better? Show me your GM brilliants and answer those questions?

Posted on: 2016/3/9 12:02

Staff Team
From Monticello/Paynesville
Quote:

F6firecat wrote:
And also the detail of Sendejo's contract is that most of the money is based on playing time, so if they do get a different starter, he does not make that full amount. To me it was a great signing, great backup player that will get paid if he has to get playing time for whatever reason.

Buck - you just have an anti-Viking attitude. Tell me their solution at QB, tell me what they should have done? Drafted Cam Newton, not possible, drafted Andrew Luck, not possible, signed Aaron Rodgers, not possible. What better option did the Vikings have at QB where their draft picks were? What better free agent QB should they have signed, under their current cap, that would be better? Show me your GM brilliants and answer those questions?

I suppose they could have drafted Derek Carr who went 4 picks after TB but hindsight's 20/20.

Posted on: 2016/3/9 12:14

LSF Member
Quote:

F6firecat wrote:

I said FOREVER, including before the Toiletwater draft that they should have taken Derek Carr. He was still available when we took Toiletwater. Anyone with half a brain could see that Toiletwater sucked. His pro day at Louisville confirmed that. Go watch the u tube vids of his pro day. He cant hit a runner past 20 in stride to save his life. Constantly overthrowing or underthrowing. They should spend a middle round pick this year for a backup and possible replacement to Toiletwater. If he could audible or torch a blitz just once in a while we wouldnt always have to face an 8 man box. And I just love when he finally does a hard count to draw the D offsides and then just hands the ball off. LOL. He blows.

Posted on: 2016/3/9 12:17

LSF Member
Sounds like we got Guard ALex Boone. I would think this is gonna be a good signing. He will add some toughness to the O-line. I think our new O-line coach Sparano has worked with him as well.

Posted on: 2016/3/9 12:36

LSF Member
From Minneapolis & Myr Mar Villas
Let's not forget the most glaring need...placekicker. "Wide-left Walsh" would have been better off breaking his leg than trying to recover from the psychological trauma he suffered from the "miss".

Posted on: 2016/3/9 12:39

LSF Member
Yeah, Derek Carr, that is a no-brainer, especially during the draft. Not one NFL analyst (paid job) had Carr rated higher than Bridgewater. Nice hindsight GM work there.

I am not arguing that Bridgewater is not the answer, he is terrible as a NFL starting QB. But without using hindsight, the Vikings made the educated decision on QB, so be it, have to live with it.

And I am of the opinion that they use a 2nd or 3rd round pick every year to take a chance on a QB, hopefully they luck into a Brady QB at some point.

Just ticks me off when armchair GM's have all the answers on WHAT the Vikes should have done. Sit in that seat and do a better job then!!!!

I like the Boone signing too...

Posted on: 2016/3/9 12:45

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 19 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page