Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »

Live Bait Ban Lifted
LSF Member
From Brooklyn Center & Isle
Just read on Johnsons Portside Facebook Page

LIVE BAIT BAN LIFTED ON MILLE LACS !!
The DNR after conversation with MLFAC has decided to allow live bait this season for all species.
Press releases to follow soon !!
Thanks to all of you that voiced your opinion.
Small Victory for the anglers of Mille lacs.
LIKE THIS ! SHARE THIS ! HOORAY !
‪#ŭdothelake‬ ‪#ŭonlyinmn‬

Posted on: 2016/4/7 10:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Live Bait Ban Lifted
LSF Member
From North shore of Mille Lacs
I think it's pretty coincidental, but this decision came down the same day that there was a protest permit issued for the Capitol to protest the live bait ban and impending 1855 treaty regulations.

Posted on: 2016/4/7 10:51

LSF Member
All they want to do is mask the real problems.

Posted on: 2016/4/7 11:04

LSF Member
And now the season will be shut down sooner. The lack of any foresight by the community is disconcerning.

Posted on: 2016/4/7 11:16

LSF Member
From Harris Mn, Ash River Mn
Quote:

otter wrote:
And now the season will be shut down sooner. The lack of any foresight by the community is disconcerning.

The only foresight needed by the community was the probability that most if not all bait shops in the area would face certain death if the live bait ban was not lifted. IMO it's a small victory for the community. If the bait shops went out of business it would just open up more properties for the tribe to buy, further damaging the area economy.

Posted on: 2016/4/7 11:23

LSF Member
From Maple grove
It will be interesting to see if the DNR will monitor how many gut hooks happen on the flats in june/july when the water warms up. Love to catch fish but this could eat a quota up quick if the bite stays hot.

Posted on: 2016/4/7 11:33

LSF Member
Quote:

GrubSon wrote:
Quote:

otter wrote:

The only foresight needed by the community was the probability that most if not all bait shops in the area would face certain death if the live bait ban was not lifted. IMO it's a small victory for the community. If the bait shops went out of business it would just open up more properties for the tribe to buy, further damaging the area economy.

And what happens when the season closes in July and resorts lose all business for the rest of the year. Instead of bait shops going under you now have large resorts going under.

Posted on: 2016/4/7 11:38

LSF Member
From Minnesota
Yeah I am not sure that I see this as a victory. For the bait shops yes. For the lake and anglers I am not so sure. This will surely mean an early closure. Just goes to show though that the DNR shoot from the hip in regards to Mille Lacs.

Posted on: 2016/4/7 11:50

LSF Member
From Minneapolis & Myr Mar Villas
I am mixed on this, I could argue on either side I suppose. Another "dammed if you do, dammed if you don't" thing.
Here is the DNR's press release from today:

http://news.dnr.state.mn.us/2016/04/07/live-bait-will-be-allowed-on-mille-lacs-lake-starting-with-opener/

Posted on: 2016/4/7 12:07

LSF Member
From MN
More proof the MN DNR has no clue what they are doing.

Posted on: 2016/4/7 12:08

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright İ 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page