Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Lodging for a Twins game
LSF Member
From Park Rapids
Going with the inlaws to a Twins game in August. It's an evening game and we are spending the night. The only other game I have ever been to was last summer. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza near Target Field due to it's location. Never again. The place was super expensive, service sucked, and not kid friendly at all.

This time we are thinking of staying near the Mall. Does anyone have a go to hotel they stay at for Twins games that doesn't break the bank? Under 150 a night is what we are aiming for. Looking for something that we can just hop on the light rail and run up to the game and back. Not afraid of a little walking, but at 10-11 at night, having to carry my sleeping 3 year old I would rather find something quick and easy from light rail to hotel.

Posted on: 2016/4/27 9:11
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Lodging for a Twins game
Anonymous
Try hotel tonight (App only) for really good deals. My wife and I live in the metro but wanted a night out, also went to a Twins game, and found a super fancy hotel room for under $80 (I didn't care that it was a fancy hotel but the price was cheap).

Hotels by the mall are also near the lightrail and airport so prices are going to be higher, similar to downtown...west Bloomington typically has cheaper rates.

Posted on: 2016/4/27 10:41

LSF Member
From St Michael
There's a new hotel connected to the mall. I don't know much about it, but it would be the most convienent to the light rail.

Posted on: 2016/4/27 11:27

LSF Member
You can also look for hotels somewhere along the Northstar light rail line. That will have you staying on the northside of the Metro and saves you the drive through town. I don't live up that way so haven't used it but it might be a little longer ride but if you're coming from northern MN it probably saves you 30-60 minutes of driving each way versus staying down by the mall.

Posted on: 2016/4/27 11:54

LSF Member
From Eagan
Hilton
1001 S Marquette Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55403

Little walk from target field or quick taxi. Stayed there for the past three years for the Auto Show. Hands down my favorite for the price.

Posted on: 2016/4/27 11:55

LSF Member
From East Central,MN
x2. There is an excellent Hotel/Waterpark in Elk River and also a lightrail hub in Elk River to get you to the game. (Not sure where the Hub is in relation to the hotel but I am sure its not a far drive)

Posted on: 2016/4/27 12:06
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same" Ronald Reagan
2014 LSF Fall Trolling Get Together Champion

LSF Member
From Princeton,MN
Quote:

sunkinboat wrote:
x2. There is an excellent Hotel/Waterpark in Elk River and also a lightrail hub in Elk River to get you to the game. (Not sure where the Hub is in relation to the hotel but I am sure its not a far drive)

Its about a 2mile drive from the train station in ER, to the waterpark in Otsego. We live up in Princeton, and find the Northstar to be very convenient. The train leaves Target field 30 minutes after the last out.

The train takes about 45 min to get to Target Field from ER, and is in the station an hour before first pitch.

http://www.metrotransit.org/twins-schedc

Posted on: 2016/4/27 12:17

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page