Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Koronis access
LSF Member
From Cologne,MN
I heard last fall/summer that some accesses closed. Are they my open again or does anyone know if they will be open for the opener. Particularly speaking of the 55 access

Posted on: 2016/5/4 20:17
80LB Terrova IPilot link
H-Bird 899 HD DI and Helix 7 SI at helm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Koronis access
Staff Team
From Annandale
All open. The DNR will be out working on containing the starry stonewort. Considering it's a river chain I would consider this a true uphill battle. The lake association had asked for accesses to remain closed as the efforts are put forth but it has been denied.

Posted on: 2016/5/4 23:19

LSF Member
From Two Harbors
I have been fishing Koronis the last few weeks and all accesses will remain open there is a bouy trail to follow through the bay to the main lake from the 55 access and please use it as the lake association has dumped a ton of money into divers coming in to physically pull the starry stonewart. The DNR was out yesterday 5-4 treated the small bay leading into mud lake yesterday. Please remember there is no known way to kill this weed other than physically remove it do I would suggest if you travel to koronis was your boat and livewells thoroughly before traveling to different water because the report is the stonewart has spread to well over 200 acres in the last year. The stuff is nasty so please be careful in not spreading to other lakes as it will choke out a small lake in a hurry!

Posted on: 2016/5/5 8:48

LSF Member
From Cologne,MN
Thanks for replies guys. I will/always do take the extra care needed to not spread invasive species.

Posted on: 2016/5/5 20:11
80LB Terrova IPilot link
H-Bird 899 HD DI and Helix 7 SI at helm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Staff Team
From Annandale
This is an article written by Paul Bugbee, owner of Bug Bee Hive Resort. This sheds some good insight as to how dangerous this invasive is if not kept in check.

http://www.sctimes.com/story/opinion/2015/09/27/dnr-fails-koronis-suffers-another-invasive-species/72939806/

Posted on: 2016/5/6 7:42

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page