Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

St. Cloud area opener
LSF Member
So, how did everyone do in this area? Hard to believe this topic hasn't been started yet....

We laid low on Saturday and didn't want to fight the crowds, wind, etc.... Got out on the 'shoe Sunday morning with my Dad, and 8 yr old son. We found an area that held fish, however they were generally small. We ended up keeping 2 of 8 walleyes and 2 cats. Caught a couple northerns as well.

Didn't want to join the bumper boats by the bridge, but I'm sure we could have had some action over there as well.

Heres to nicer weather coming up!

Posted on: 2016/5/16 12:56
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: St. Cloud area opener
LSF Member
From 320
Fished Rice from about 1215-5am Saturday and struggled finding active fish... Boated one brave crappie that hit a shallow running rapala. No problem finding big marks on the screen, but they didn't want to cooperate. Frustrating to say the least.

Posted on: 2016/5/16 14:33

LSF Member
From Sartell, MN
I didn't get out until Sunday. Sadly, had to bury my grandpa Saturday at 93 years young. Fished Koronis from 1000 to 3, not exactly prime time hours but nice to get out. Kept one walleye and caught few northerns. Jig and fathead. Bait store in Richmond ran out of shiners Saturday, they went quick. Didn't try anything else but fatheads. Did troll for a short amount of time, nothing doing that.

Posted on: 2016/5/16 17:17

LSF Member
From Wright county
Which landing did you go out of on koronis, weedis? Was there a decontamination setup at the landing for the starry wort? I'm thinking about going there Wednesday. Any advice is appreciated.

Posted on: 2016/5/16 19:51

LSF Member
From Sartell, MN
Quote:

walleyeguy763 wrote:
Which landing did you go out of on koronis, weedis? Was there a decontamination setup at the landing for the starry wort? I'm thinking about going there Wednesday. Any advice is appreciated.

We went out of the Koronis Regional Park Landing. They had an AIS person onsite when we put on and off. Asked a few questions and did a quick inspection of boat/trailer to make sure there was no weeds. They were staying at that landing until 6:00 PM but he did say an AIS inspector was going to be at the hwy 55 landing until 9:00 PM. Which I believe is the area where most of the starry wort is. Not sure if this was just the weekend or if they will have folks there during the week as well. Good luck if you head out.

Posted on: 2016/5/16 20:25

Staff Team
From Annandale
The 55 access is highly monitered. Swung by on Saturday and CO was on sight with a ton if new signage and a swing gate at the access.

Posted on: 2016/5/16 21:09

LSF Member
From Wright county
Thanks for the update guys.

Posted on: 2016/5/17 0:11

LSF Member
From Buffalo, MN
Hit up the Chain on Sunday as well. Started good with 4 quick ones by the bridge and then it shut down. Took a while but we eventually found them again and ended up with a dozen keepers between 3 guys. Our biggest was 20.5" and we threw back a good number of smaller fish. Fish came on jigs with minnows and bouncers/snells with minnows. Depth was all over the place - pitching jigs into a foot of water and drifting in 14-17'. It was a fun day.

Posted on: 2016/5/17 8:32

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page