Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Canadian Border Crossing
LSF Member
Heading up to the Ignace area for the yearly Canadian trip and was wondering what the latest "cans" and "cant's " are for what you can bring in. Potatoes....no potatoes....chicken....no chicken.....eggs....no eggs...etc?

Posted on: 2016/7/13 9:01
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Canadian Border Crossing
LSF Member
I've been across the border twice since April and I wasn't asked about anything regarding food, just alcohol and/or tobacco. However, a call to the border office wouldn't hurt to verify for sure.

Posted on: 2016/7/13 9:34

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN

Posted on: 2016/7/13 9:40

LSF Member
From central mn
Been years since we went to Canada,between the increase in camping fee's,low rate money exchange,increase license fee's and just a the hassel with paperwork,but what really pissed us off was the food restrictions,ever had a shore lunch w/o potatoes?@ the pidgeon river crossing one year they made us go back to the U.S. side and dump our goods,the ditch was loaded with bags of potatoes and fruits (oranges/apples).I see the Canadians lifted that restriction somewhat,(1) potato per person...lol.

Thanx for the link ret~

Posted on: 2016/7/13 10:28

LSF Member
From Lent, MN
We always stopped at the grocery store in Kakabeka Falls and bought our potatoes, etc. Not a hassle at all. Thunder Bay has grocery stores as well. Another 10 bucks on top of a trip that is costing a few hundred is no big deal.

Posted on: 2016/7/13 14:03

Field Staff
From Hubbard County,MN
We always take canned potatoes into Canada for shore lunch.
No problems so far.

Posted on: 2016/7/13 17:53

To belittle is to be little

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
That's unfortunate. Amazing country with great people and phenomenal fishing!
Quote:

snow wrote:
Been years since we went to Canada,between the increase in camping fee's,low rate money exchange,increase license fee's and just a the hassel with paperwork,but what really pissed us off was the food restrictions,ever had a shore lunch w/o potatoes?@ the pidgeon river crossing one year they made us go back to the U.S. side and dump our goods,the ditch was loaded with bags of potatoes and fruits (oranges/apples).I see the Canadians lifted that restriction somewhat,(1) potato per person...lol.

Thanx for the link ret~

Posted on: 2016/7/13 18:20

LSF Member
From Plymouth, MN
I have been going to Canada every year since 2007. Crossing in International Falls we have never been asked anything beyond Alcohol, tobacco and bait.

The 4KG of potatoes you are authorized per person according the to the website is equivalent to about 8lbs of potatoes.

Our group brings a Costco size bag of potatoes every year without issue.

Agree with above post that a shore lunch minus potatoes is just wrong.

Posted on: 2016/7/14 0:24

Anonymous
Quote:

Ret-ro wrote:
That's unfortunate. Amazing country with great people and phenomenal fishing!
Quote:

snow wrote:

Thanx for the link ret~

+1

We've also never had any issues...thou we drive across. No paper work at all. we take 6-8 guys over in 2 vehicles and that takes all of 5 minutes! And that includes one guy running in to pay the extra beer fee.

CANADA IS AWESOME! If I paid twice what I do now, I'd still return.

Posted on: 2016/7/14 8:56

LSF Member
From Faribault
I go their 2 to 3 times a year. Paper work ???? Do you mean a passport. I hand it to border patrol ask few questions off I go.
When I hunted up their I would fill all gun paper work in advance and still had no problems.

Posted on: 2016/7/14 9:12

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page