Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Canadian Border Crossing
LSF Member
Clown don't say like that!!!The canucks might here you and raise the rates again!c63

Posted on: 2016/10/13 16:40
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
guy in my group got caught with a ounce of Maryjane about 5 years ago when he was 18. he is now 23. has never had any duis or any other crimes. Was wondering the best way to find out before we make the drive if he can get in from what I read as long as it was not over 30 grams, or a felony he should be ok

Posted on: 2016/12/6 9:08

Anonymous
Quote:

pikeguy87 wrote:
guy in my group got caught with a ounce of Maryjane about 5 years ago when he was 18. he is now 23. has never had any duis or any other crimes. Was wondering the best way to find out before we make the drive if he can get in from what I read as long as it was not over 30 grams, or a felony he should be ok

I wouldn't risk my vacation on it. I'd have two vehicles so he could drive back home! LOL. DUI is ten years for Canada, trying to smuggle mary jane? Can't imagine it wouldn't be the same but I'd call border agents to see what they say.

Posted on: 2016/12/6 9:57

LSF Member
I just went through this 2 winters ago. I had a dui when I was 22. Tried to cross the border to go to northwest angle at 33 years old. It had been over 11 years since I got the ticket. I was told 10 years and your clear to cross. Not true. It is 10 years from the end of your sentence including any probation. The probation is what got me denied entry. I was 3 months shy of being able to cross. So then last winter i called the border to make sure i was able to cross the border. They cannot tell you over the phone if you can get across. You can give them the dates and the violations and they can tell you if you should be able to get across but can't actually run your name. Privacy issues is what they told me. So there is no way to know for sure unless you are standing at the border.

Posted on: 1/2 9:49:39

LSF Member
From central mn
What a joke eh? its all about the money folks,even with the entry permit for DUI offenders ($200 fee) I'm told it still does'nt mean your good to go.It amazes me that the canadains can regulate who comes across the border yet we have 10million illegals in our country we can't shake loose

Posted on: 1/2 12:34:42

LSF Member
From Minnesota
Not to mention the legal Americans who we should kick out just because.

Let the Canadians run Canada, we aren't doing such a swell job of running our own country.

Posted on: 1/4 19:22:36

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page