Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Drinkin' Beer, eh?
LSF Member
From Southcentral, MN
So when we go to Canada we always make our stop at The Beer Store in Fort Frances. So many beers to choose from, so little money to try them all!

And I got to thinking....what is everyone's favorite beer and when on vacation, do ya cut loose like you were 21 again? Or older, wiser, drinking just enough to relax after a hard day fishing?

As for me, my favorite beers are Carling and Sleeman's IPA. Carling is a bit light and not as full flavored, but hits the spot from time to time. Prefer Sleemans more.

And on our 7-day trips, a good 6-8 beers when grilling or frying fish hits the spot about right. Can't do that every night, but 4 of 7 nights is typical. Ribeye steak night I tend to forget how to count!

How about everyone else? I'm sure there are lots of people on here that have their favorite brand & enjoy a cold one before (or after) dinner. Or maybe not at all? Either way, getting away from the daily grind is always a good thing!

Posted on: 2016/7/26 16:32

Re: Drinkin' Beer, eh?
Staff Team
Well as you know Eric I am a beer drinker and up in Canada I prefer Labaatz Ice Maximum if you can find it. The strong beer ice cold is hard to beat. Even though I have seven grandchildren and two more on the way I cut loose pretty good hahahaah. I enjoy coming off the lake about 3 or 3:30 and start the festivities and we always eat late. Fun to sit on the dock and just take it easy before supper or in the cabins visiting old friends and new ones. We always pick up our 1.3 liters of booze at the border than pick up our beer in Ear Falls. With the exchange rate as good as it is, Beer is about the same as buying it in the states maybe a few more dollars but who cares, that is why you work and Vacation is to splurge on the great things in life. I usually cook a 20 lb or larger turkey on Sundays up in Canada and lets just say that I don't carve the Turkey in fear I would have no fingers left hahahahaha..........Kirk

Posted on: 2016/7/26 17:31

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Southcentral, MN
Hahaha AWESOME Kirk!!! We have steak night on Thursday. It's always do pulled pork our first night on Saturday, then grilled burgers Sunday. Fish fry Monday and brats Tuesday. Fish fry again Wednesday and Ribeyes Thursday! Leftovers on Friday and head home Saturday. For us, it's the perfect mixture of grilled food & fried fish, although each night we fry fish we grill some too. Grilling ALWAYS takes a 6-pk!!!!!

Posted on: 2016/7/26 18:38

Hunting Field Staff
From Iron Range.
We usually buy just two basic beers up there. Blue and Kokanee. A few cold ones while grilling or frying fish is a must. I have even snuck a two-pak out in the boat on occasion for an evening troll. Boy oh boy do those bootlegged dust cutters hit the spot!

Occasionally I enjoy a good sippin whiskey in the eve when we are all sitting around telling lies of trips past. Funny how even fish that were killed just keep on growing sometimes.....lol.

Posted on: 2016/7/26 19:46

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
On the summer trips with the kids I just bring some silver bullets with. On the winter adventures I usually enjoy a few Lab lights, Kokanee's and some Alexander Keith's. Once in a while I have to them all!

Posted on: 2016/7/26 21:03

LSF Member
From Plymouth, MN
I bring a mix of Lienees and other beers across the border. Have never felt the need to buy in Canada. Any beer that is cold meet the requirements for an evening toast. As others have said the beer during the evening troll or jig bite hits the spot too.

Posted on: 2016/7/26 21:43

LSF Member
From Southcentral, MN
My dad bought some Keith's years ago, but I don't remember the taste. One beer he likes a lot is (I think) the Goose Island IPA. It's atop his list.

Kokanee I believe is the #2 sought after beer in NW Ontario. Again, I know my dad got some years and years ago, but I don't remember the flavor.

Posted on: 2016/7/26 21:43

LSF Member
From Southcentral, MN
Liene's Original is ALWAYS in my dad's fridge. I like the Honeyweiss on tap when eating out.

Posted on: 2016/7/26 21:46

LSF Member
From Linwood, MN
Spotted cow is my number one choice. Also like Castle Danger cream ale

Posted on: 2016/7/27 15:48

LSF Member
From Couple of harbors
Quote:

600twin wrote:
Spotted cow is my number one choice. Also like Castle Danger cream ale

I think we just became best friends.

Wanna go out to the garage and practice karate? Haha

The summer crush and 717 from CD is top notch too.

Posted on: 2016/7/27 19:57

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page