Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Drinkin' Beer, eh?
LSF Member
From Southcentral, MN
Kirk.....how do you like that lake (Gull Rock) you go to? Is it "loaded " with walleye? Or, do you have to really know the lake, the special spots and the time of year to get them with years & years of experience under your belt? The place we've gone to....we've gone there for 40.....yes 40 YEARS!!!! Longer than the current owners who have owned it for some 30-35 years. But, each year I feel we get treated worse & worse. I mean, in a 40 year time frame & with all our relatives, we've paid them some $150,000 to $200,000 over the years and would think we'd be appreciated more. But seems like less every year so I'm thinking of other places to go that would appreciate DECADES of loyal reservations!

Posted on: 2016/8/19 20:04

LSF Member
From Manitowoc county
I have been to Gull Rock once. It was pretty early in the year, we couldn't keep the walleyes off. We wanted to catch some pike one day and even with giant 5-7 inch baits we were catching eyes. Early in the year I think we fished ranger bay it was any easy 100 fish day per person. I don't know how it is later in the summer

Posted on: 2016/8/19 20:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Southcentral, MN
Holy mackerel! Now that's an awesome drive to trip! Thanks for the reply!

Posted on: 2016/8/19 20:37

Administrator
Sorry Eric did not see your question, Gullrock is an awesome fishery that I have enjoyed for 25 years or so. I have been up there on opener and in September. Ranger bay was the place to go back in the day but now it is a sanctuary that is closed until June 15th every year. Oh the walleyes we caught in there over the years woo hooo. It is an easy river to access, easy to find spots and not a lot of bolders to worry about for crashing into or going over. Procyck's paradise lodge is where we go and like you we are on our third owner of the lodge but Mike and Tina are like family and if they are not busy they stop and chat and we have a fish fry on Tuesdays. You would love it and they have some huge Northern Pike up there..........Kirk

If you want a map of all our spots, just let me know and I will send you one.........Kirk

Posted on: 2016/8/20 5:07

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
From Southcentral, MN
Very cool! It's not all that much of a drive from the border is it?

Posted on: 2016/8/20 15:28

Administrator
Gullrock is about 4.5 hour drive from International Falls, you can go through souix narrows and nestor falls or go the Dryden way. You would love a trip up there, believe me..........Kirk

Posted on: 2016/9/24 15:30

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page