Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Lowrance HDS 7 Gen 1 Freezing at Startup
LSF Member
I have a Gen 1 Lowrance HDS 7 that just started freezing on the loading screen when powered on. It will cycle through the loading bar for a minute or so and then freeze up on the "Lowrance Seize the Day" screen.

I tried a soft and hard reset after turning the unit off, the unit only turns back on and freezes up again.

Checked all connections, bought a new starter battery which it is hooked up to. Went home and updated the unit after the problem had occurred. Took the sd card/lake chip out of the slot. Plugged the unit into the power cord my other unit is hooked up to. No luck.

Any suggestions for what to do or who I could take the unit to for repair would be great. Thanks.

Posted on: 2016/8/7 19:41
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Lowrance HDS 7 Gen 1 Freezing at Startup
LSF Member
From North Central MN
Does not sound good. I had a HDS7 that did the same thing and Lawrence said it was un-fixable. That was 6+ years ago. Took it back to my retailer and they helped me out. Hope you get it fixed some how.

I think its ridiculous that these big manufacturers of todays electronics do not repair their products for a reasonable price. IMHO

Posted on: 2016/8/8 6:33

LSF Member
Just one of the many reasons I'm getting rid of all my Lowrance units...

Posted on: 2016/8/8 6:39

LSF Member
From North Central MN
Quote:

bigeyes23 wrote:
Just one of the many reasons I'm getting rid of all my Lawrence units...

Doesn't seem to matter if its Lawrence or HB. They both will not fix the units from what I have read and heard. I have a buddy that purchased 3 new HB's two summers ago and was trying to network them together. After many hours on the phone with HB and over 12 new head units sent to him they finally got it working. I don't think their is much difference between those two manufacturers. IMHO

Posted on: 2016/8/8 7:14

LSF Member
From Minnesota
I would give fish electronics a call first. Then I would call Lowrance direct.

Posted on: 2016/8/8 9:36

LSF Member
Called Lowrance and Fish Lectronics- neither could do a thing for me. Time for a new unit!

Posted on: 2016/8/8 12:28

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page