Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Grouse and Pheasants
LSF Member
From Rush Point Mn
Planning a seven day border country hunt this year for grouse in early October and hunting east central Minnesota after that for pheasants (my home turf) High hopes this year as numbers are up in both locations. Any one else notice more birds around?

Posted on: 2016/8/29 7:23
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Grouse and Pheasants
LSF Member
From central mn/ l.o.t.w
I've spent a lot of time in the woods this summer...in Minnesota the only thing I noticed is more woodcock than last year...one place I have seen enough to say that the grouse #s r up would require a non resident license...have done a lot of mushroom picking and scouting for bow season in MN and have only seen 1 grouse since the snow melted this spring

Posted on: 2016/8/29 7:54

LSF Member
From Rush Point Mn
I have noticed the pheasant numbers are up in my area and last spring discovered that some sharp-tails had moved into a very large cutover area here in NW Chisago county, something I've not seen before. Ruffed grouse around this part of the county are few and far between. I hear them drumming in the spring but rarely see them, thus I head for the Ely/Orr area to hunt them.

Posted on: 2016/8/29 12:32

Field Staff
From Willmar, MN
Haven't seen or heard too much around the cabin west of Mille Lacs for grouse. Hope there's a few around when I start chasing them later this year.

Pheasants should be good this year (for MN that is). Numbers seem to be pretty good in the spots/area I've checked.

Posted on: 2016/8/29 13:11

2015 Team Archery Contest Winner
2016 Team Archery Contest Winner

LSF Member
From Central MN/Blackhoof
Numbers seem up at my place northeast of Moose Lake.

Way more drumming sites early this spring. A couple weeks ago while doing trail maintenance I bumped into several broods, more than I usually run into. The numbers of surviving young in each brood was also higher than the last couple of years.

Posted on: 2016/8/30 11:12

LSF Member
Numbers seem to be up for grouse (Nemadji state forest area and Hackensack area)

Posted on: 2016/8/30 22:48

Field Staff
From Eastern SD & SW MN
I've seen more pheasants out in the SW MN/Eastern SD area this spring than I have seen in a while..

Posted on: 2016/8/31 14:02

LSF Member
Recently drove about 25 Miles of logging roads east of International Falls. Never saw a Grouse or a Deer.

Posted on: 2016/9/10 14:39

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page