Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 »

Finding a field early goose
LSF Member
From Secret X
Been scouting, been asking farmers for permission, striking out every time. So frustrating. If anyone wants to team up we have 10 dozen deeks, couple extra blinds. Pm me if u got a good field and want some help whacking and stacking these early season honkers!

Posted on: 2016/8/31 15:49

Re: Finding a field early goose
LSF Member
From In a van down by the river
I can feel your pain. We are 0-7 in the last week. I have 3 more fields before Plan Z. I will just be starting out by offering $100 ($20/hunter). Hopefully something works out for you. We are in NE metro

Posted on: 2016/9/1 6:26
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Mesabi Iron Range
I feel your pain. In the end, I just stopped asking. I had landowners tell me they gave permission in July. That's ridiculous.

Posted on: 2016/9/1 9:29

LSF Member
From central mn/ l.o.t.w
Sounds like stress...even up here 100 miles northwest of the city it sounds to me a good percentage of the goose groups have been basically leasing goose fields from 200-500$ a season...I'm glad bow hunting in 3 states doesn't leave me time to chase the geese anymore...I always did my best hunting the bigger lakes and rivers

Posted on: 2016/9/1 9:42

LSF Member
From In a van down by the river
I suppose the early bird gets the worm there....not possible for me though. It's all about who you know I guess.

Posted on: 2016/9/1 9:43

LSF Member
From central mn
I start scouting new areas in july,early season they like cut sweet cornfields,small grain and alfalfa,always approach the farmer alone,roll in with a group of guyz you get off on the wrong foot from the start.Early season birds most often won't be hunting the X but just in a general area one can pull birds in to smaller spreads,family groups,you won't need a couple 100 full bodies for these young/dumb birds.

But yeah,its a challenge finding new fields within 100 miles of the metro,but ya gotta keep after it and don't get discouraged,just because one farmer says NO once doesn't mean he won't give ya a green light once things slow down for him and his family once crops are down.

Posted on: 2016/9/1 10:26

LSF Member
From South Central
This is the reason I stopped field hunting. It's too difficult to get permission without paying a lease. The only field hunting I do anymore, is the occasional trip with friends on their Families property. I believe access is the biggest problem in hunter recruitment. It is by far the biggest obstacle for me.

Posted on: 2016/9/1 11:32

LSF Member
From Lake Lillian, MN
Smackem, if we weren't doing straight beans and feed corn, I'd have you out here in Lake Lillian. I'll keep you in mind if we start running sweet corn and beets next year, then we should have some open fields.

Posted on: 2016/9/1 11:39

LSF Member
From Secret X
Thanks tight line, that would sweet

Posted on: 2016/9/1 12:18

LSF Member
From central mn
Smack,when you say "we" how many guyz are ya talking about? Not keen on a group of guyz I don't know or their gun skills.

Posted on: 2016/9/1 12:22

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page