Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

SW22 Victory
Field Staff
From Willmar, MN
Anyone here have a S&W Victory? I've been thinking a lot about buying a .22 for plinking and the Victory has caught my eye a little bit. Any likes or dislikes?

Thanks

Posted on: 2016/9/2 5:23

2015 Team Archery Contest Winner
2016 Team Archery Contest Winner
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: SW22 Victory
Staff Team
From Bloomington
The Victory looks a lot like the Browning Buckmark and the Ruger Mark II, III's

I have a Mark II. The weight of it and the long barrel make it fun to shoot and very accurate. Everyone that shoots it loves the gun.

Posted on: 2016/9/2 13:04

Field Staff
From Willmar, MN
Thanks for the input orandusa. Origionally it was between the Browning and Ruger but during my travels I came across the S&W and was curious if anyone had one or has shot one.

Orand...on a side note...how do you like the disassembly/reassembly of the Ruger? I've heard it's a kind of a pain until you get the hang of it and am wondering what you think?

Posted on: 2016/9/3 12:45

LSF Member
Looks like the s&w 22a without the ugly rail... (Had the 22a,and it was extremely accurate, traded it more a mark ii that was a pos)

Posted on: 2016/9/3 22:25

LSF Member
From Princeton,MN
I've run across some folks with the Victory, whom have relayed the need to shoot MiniMags to get reliability. With 22lr availability still an issue, I would look for something that is a bit less ammo sensitive.

Posted on: 2016/9/4 7:47

Field Staff
From Willmar, MN
Quote:

JJ wrote:
I've run across some folks with the Victory, whom have relayed the need to shoot MiniMags to get reliability. With 22lr availability still an issue, I would look for something that is a bit less ammo sensitive.

Recommendations? I was looking at the Mk III or Buckmark but if you have any other suggestions please let me know. Definitely appreciate the input!

Posted on: 2016/9/6 7:59

LSF Member
From Princeton,MN
Quote:

freighttrain50 wrote:

Recommendations? I was looking at the Mk III or Buckmark but if you have any other suggestions please let me know. Definitely appreciate the input!

If you are set on a brand new gun, both of these are great options. both have a large amount of aftermarket support, should you decide you would like to upgrade or tinker long term.

It all depends on your needs. If i was looking to shoot in a piostol league, i would spend my money on a used 22A, or even better a 41.

If I was trying to simulate a 1911, a Ruger 22/45 might be a good option. If I wanted the tactical feel, the Walther P22 is a fun little gun.

Lots of options, all depends on the intended application.

Posted on: 2016/9/6 8:19

LSF Member
From Gentilly, MN
I had a 22a once. nice gun until it broke in half while shooting it one day. Seriously. The only thing holding the front half to the back half was the trigger guard. S&W replaced the frame no problem. but I sold it to a co-worker with the full story and it reportedly never shot the same. would jam at least once per 10 rounds. Just saying.

Posted on: 2016/9/6 9:43

Staff Team
From Bloomington
Quote:

freighttrain50 wrote:

Orand...on a side note...how do you like the disassembly/reassembly of the Ruger? I've heard it's a kind of a pain until you get the hang of it and am wondering what you think?

Disassembly is easy. Assembly ... there is a trick to it. There are many great videos that run you through it. Once you got it there is no issue.

I just had it out yesterday. Still fun to plink with.

Posted on: 2016/9/6 11:24

LSF Member
From Metro Area
a Sig Trailside is another option...they (Sig) quit making it but they're out there and are as easy to disassemble, clean and are as good of shooter as they come.
I have a target model I picked up NIB a few years back and have had more fun than I imagined. Digests virtually all .22 ammo and have had MAYBE one not cycle.
It is now called a Hammerli Xesse and is the same gun w/subtle differences...not enough for one to notice.
My dad has a couple MKII's and they shoot very well. My dad is partial to Ruger's and has admitted he likes the Sig better. Not that he'll get one but I catch him picking mine up more often that his Riger's!
It is a bummer on getting consistent .22 ammo and always shooting the same stuff w/o paying more than need be. However, this thing runs thru the various brands like they're all the same. Maybe want to check it out.

Posted on: 2016/9/6 12:19
I.B.O.T #285

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page