Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Fuel Primer Losing Gas
LSF Member
I have a 1994 Mercury Black Max 175 EFI on my bass boat. Everytime the motor is turned off for more than 20 minutes or so, or even when idling in a long channel, the fuel bulb becomes empty and needs to be pumped in order to start the motor and keep it running strong. It is a habit now that every time I restart the motor I go to the back of the boat and pump the bulb before takeoff.

It has done it ever since I bought the boat 4 years ago, we have replaced the fuel line, brought it in to a few repair shops and all they did was put in an anti siphon valve (didn't help). Is this just a common problem with a motor this age or does anyone have any idea what it might take to really get this fixed? Thanks.

Posted on: 2016/9/4 10:04
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Fuel Primer Losing Gas
LSF Member
From Mn
You replaced the hose and bulb,Right? Did you reuse the connections to the fuel tank and motor?
There are O rings in those connections.If the hose and bulb were replaced replace those O-rings cheap fix or at least a try at fixing.Air is seeping in somewhere and thats the last look at the new hose an bulb still leaking air into the hose.

Posted on: 2016/9/4 14:00

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page