Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

Grouse
LSF Member
From Thief River Falls
Anyone been out and had any luck grouse hunting?

Was going to go sharptail hunting on opening day, but it was foggy until almost noon and the grass was really wet the rest of the afternoon so we didn't try it. I would like to get out and walk for some ruffed grouse after work now that the leaves are starting to turn and look pretty.

Posted on: 2016/9/21 13:51
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Grouse
LSF Member
From Mesabi Iron Range
Shot one ruff so far... the woods are really really thick right now though. I haven't found too many woodcock yet either. That being said I'm back at it tonight!

Posted on: 2016/9/21 15:07

LSF Member
I was unable to go secondary to work but am anxious to try out the area around Fergus Falls. I am new to MN came from ND and prime rooster country so I'll offer this out. I would trade a trip to ND if someone could get me into some ruffed grouse here in MN. I have two very good brits to hunt over with champion bloodlines. Never hunted ruffed grouse before so I don't even know where to start. I also could hook anyone up to hunt prairie chickens and roosters in central NE as well.

Looking forward to the season
Thor

Posted on: 2016/9/21 17:37

LSF Member
I was up at the cabin last weekend and hunted a few hours each day in the longville area. Only got 2 birds but numbers definitely seem up in that area. It's amazing how quick they disappear when they take off this time of year. Should be great in a couple weeks. Good luck!

Posted on: 2016/9/21 20:36

LSF Member
From Mesabi Iron Range
No ruffies last night, but the woodcock are thick... They are lucky they get another couple of days until go time.

Posted on: 2016/9/22 8:34

LSF Member
From Rush Point Mn
Hey Thorson, send me PM and I'll give you an offer. We do an annual seven day grouse hunt in northern Mn with RV's, tents, generators, dogs - the works, anyone is welcome. It's fairly remote but very consistent for birds, even in low number years.

Posted on: 2016/9/22 9:03

LSF Member
I was also in the longville area last week and got a1 ruff. Heard quite a few flush but hard to see with all the leaves on the trees still. Also came across a few wolves on my drive in so make sure to have bells on your dogs keep em safe!

Posted on: 2016/9/22 9:37

LSF Member
Quote:

Sotafishing wrote:
I was also in the longville area last week and got a1 ruff. Heard quite a few flush but hard to see with all the leaves on the trees still. Also came across a few wolves on my drive in so make sure to have bells on your dogs keep em safe!
I hunt the Longville area often and had encounters on 3 separate occasions last year.

Posted on: 2016/9/28 4:43

LSF Member
From Thief River Falls
I was out bowhunting last night and had a ruffed grouse drumming behind me almost all night. I wasn't aware that they did that in the fall... maybe he found some fermented berries and was drunk looking for someone to take home last night

Posted on: 2016/9/28 7:04

LSF Member
From Mille Lacs/Landfall
I got 3 near Moose Lake this weekend. Seen about a dozen. Very thick but there are defiantly birds around this year. Should be near the top of the cycle.

Posted on: 2016/9/28 7:35

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page