Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

Re: Grouse
LSF Member
From central mn/ l.o.t.w
Quote:

lurkingwalter wrote:
I was out bowhunting last night and had a ruffed grouse drumming behind me almost all night. I wasn't aware that they did that in the fall... maybe he found some fermented berries and was drunk looking for someone to take home last night

....I hear quite a bit of drumming each fall while bow hunting...have seen a few doing it and looks to me like a good portion of the fall drumming takes place by young of the year birds

Posted on: 2016/9/28 8:28
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Thief River Falls
That's interesting TW, I am surprised I have never heard that before. Seems like there are always grouse around my stand when I am bowhunting.

Posted on: 2016/9/28 8:31

LSF Member
From central mn/ l.o.t.w
Quote:

lurkingwalter wrote:
That's interesting TW, I am surprised I have never heard that before. Seems like there are always grouse around my stand when I am bowhunting.

Funny thing is I don't see many at all but I hear em drumming...lol..but I'll spend 5 days a week in stands on average from bow opener to MN gun or Wisconsin gun depending on what tags i have left and where

Posted on: 2016/9/28 8:34

LSF Member
Going up again this weekend. Hopefully I can grab some woodcock too. Anyone else going out this weekend?

Posted on: 2016/9/29 10:00

LSF Member
From Thief River Falls
The wife and I are going to go walk some WMA's tonight. Hopefully we can find a bird or two

Posted on: 2016/9/29 10:05

LSF Member
From Mille Lacs/Landfall
Quote:

Sotafishing wrote:
Going up again this weekend. Hopefully I can grab some woodcock too. Anyone else going out this weekend?

I didn't see 1 woodcock last weekend. even driving at night on muddy roads. they have definitely not migrated into my area yet.

Posted on: 2016/9/29 10:50

LSF Member
From Mesabi Iron Range
Been averaging about 5 WC flushes and 3 Ruffie flushes per trip... The leaves are still making the shooting part challenging though. The weather up here for the next couple of weeks is going to make it prime though!

Posted on: 2016/9/29 15:04

LSF Member
From St. Paul, Hackensack-Longville-Leech
Quote:

gopherhawk wrote:
Been averaging about 5 WC flushes and 3 Ruffie flushes per trip... The leaves are still making the shooting part challenging though. The weather up here for the next couple of weeks is going to make it prime though!

Going to be a great wknd.....doing a camp and blast up North, havent picked an exact spot but should be north and maybe east of grand rapids area.....let' see some pics!

Posted on: 2016/9/29 17:03

LSF Member
Went out last weekend but the outing was cut short after the dog got into it with a porcupine...

Posted on: 2016/9/29 17:30

LSF Member
From Secret X
Crap man that sucks smallmouth. Any tips on what he was digging in before he met the pork? Buddies dog last year was digging around a stump And got messed up by one . Just curious thanks. ... terrible fear of mine right behind a Frickin trap

Posted on: 2016/9/29 20:07

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page