Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Fishing Mississippi
LSF Member
From Princeton,MN
Quote:

marmooska wrote:
Thank you guys for all the good info. I'll put aside the drop/shot rig for a while and try the Lindy. I have such a fear of losing tackle, but JJ set me straight on that. I'll practice and search for good locations.

Always a battle on that end. i do a lot of bargain bin tackle shopping!

I never seek to lose tackle, but I average a crankbait and a couple jigs/8hrs on the water. Just the pains of playing the game.

Posted on: 2016/9/22 17:15
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Fishing Mississippi
LSF Member
From St. Cloud
JJ. I fished above the dam yesterday at Munsinger Garden. I used a crankbait and was surprised that it didn't get hung up and now feel more confident with it. Caught one smallie on it. Fished a lindy with a worm crawler and lost that one right away and didn't really know how to fish it in current. A young man was doing well closer to the dam using the rattl trap lures you like. He told me that for walleyes I would probably need a boat as they are deeper.

I appreciate the info. from DrewFlu33. I didn't know some of the basics, like casting upstream, looking for seams in the current. And I plan to try the wacky rig. Beside smallies I haven't caught anything else.

Posted on: 2016/9/23 8:49
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page