Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Looking for some help!
LSF Member
From Colorado
We mad it here. Thanks to everyone that offered up information! I'll report back.

Cheers,

A-town Kenny

Posted on: 2016/10/7 15:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
Curious where you're headed today? I'm a local who's always up for hanging with some new friends over a hook in the water.

I'll even forgive you for supporting those scumbag wilfs. ;)

Posted on: 2016/10/8 5:33

LSF Member
From Colorado
Well, fishing was a bust for me. I got to the lake Friday evening for a quick recon trip, but it was late and I didn't really have time to try anything. A few local guys there were really cool and told me I was definitely in the right place for muskies. We made arrangements to meet up Saturday morning at 6:00. I was awake at 5:30 and my phone said 35. Yeah...with the wind and the overcast Friday, I was "chilly" in 55 temps. No way in hell I was going out there in 35. Anyway, I got there a little before 9:00. Fishing was still slow. By 11:00, most guys had left. One of the guys that was there Friday, told me about another lake that was pretty close, and said I'd have a good chance at a Tiger Musky.

We headed over there, and talked to a guy that worked in the concession stand. He fishes the lake all the time and told me where to fish. I gave it a good effort. As I was changing spots, I managed to get a rather expensive lure stuck on a fallen tree branch. Well, no way in hell I'm gonna leave a $60 bait hanging from a tree. I went out to get it, and managed to fall in the water. Banged up my hand and leg in the process. Got my lure back though.

As you can imagine, that pretty much ended my day. I was hoping to fish all the way around the lake before calling it quits, but wet shoes and pants make for cold and uncomfortable conditions. We headed back to our rental, I changed clothes, and we went to the Mall of America. It was packed. I would have much rather been fishing.

Thanks again to everyone that gave me some info. I loved the city, and I certainly plan to return.

We went to the Vikings game on Sunday. Amazing stadium! And the Vikes are playing lights out. That defense is scary!

SKOL VIKINGS!

Posted on: 2016/10/11 11:00

LSF Member
From Colorado
Quote:

JimTimber wrote:
Curious where you're headed today? I'm a local who's always up for hanging with some new friends over a hook in the water.

I'll even forgive you for supporting those scumbag wilfs. ;)

Ah man, I just now saw this. I definitely would have hit you up about fishing. I'll pm you where I fished, as I got the information via PM, so I assume the guy that gave it to me wanted it to stay off the main thread?

Posted on: 2016/10/11 11:06

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page