Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Fall Walleyes
LSF Member
From Grand Forks, ND
The fall walleye bite is on! I've caught walleyes every time I've been out in the past couple of days and looking at the forecast for the rest of the week, it seems the bite should persist a little longer. I've had mostly small fish, but I heard that someone brought in a 10.5lb walleye to Fargo Bait and Tackle to be weight for the ND G&F whopper club.

Fish are hitting shallow, just a couple feet from the bank. The bite has been hot before sunrise through about the first hour of daylight. The evening bite seems to start around 5-5:30pm

I was getting a lot of hits on a lindy rig with a floating jig, but not a lot of commitment yet. A 1/8oz jig seems to be about as heavy as most fish want to pick up at this point. Slow retrieve, they will hit on the pause.

P.S. what a treasure we have with the Red River. Sunday, my buddy and I caught 7 different species in one day. Walleye, sauger, smallmouth bass, white bass, burbot, northern pike, and a channel cat. It's like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.

Posted on: 2016/10/19 0:10
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Fall Walleyes
Pro Staff
From Grand Forks, North Dakota
It seems you get up way to early.

You are right you never know what you are going to get.

Last week we caught 10 species: walleye, sauger, catfish, pike, small mouth, eelpout, carp, stone cat, goldeye and sheephead.

Posted on: 2016/10/19 10:20
Catfish University

LSF Member
From Grand Forks, ND
Can't get up too early because I never sleep. I'm in law school. ;)

Posted on: 2016/10/19 10:24

LSF Member
From Fargo, ND
I have also had pretty good luck on the river lately. Was out last Sunday and two of us caught some really nice eater sized walleyes. Was a pretty good fish fry! Also caught and released a pretty cool looking sauger that was very black. All fish were caught using a 1/8oz jig and fathead on a slow retrieval.

Posted on: 2016/10/19 10:27

LSF Member
From Grand Forks, ND
@busse3775

I think we may have been leaving the north dam at the same time Sunday evening if that's where you were fishing.

Posted on: 2016/10/19 10:42

LSF Member
From Fargo, ND
I was fishing in the Breck/Wahp area.

Posted on: 2016/10/19 13:51

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page