Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Beyond frustrated.
LSF Member
From Cedar/Backus
I purchased a new semi-auto shotgun less than 2 years ago, when I first got it I really liked it and it worked well but after about ¼ season trap it started to have issues
clearing a shell which eventually carried over to not being able to clear heavy loads. I tried multiple different kinds of oil when I cleaned it and also tried running
it dry with zero luck. I then decided to send the thing back to the warranty center in the U.S. to see what could be done, when I sent it out I was told 4-6 weeks
turn around. At 7 weeks I called and voiced my displeasure due to this being my main shotgun and was told they are sending me out a new gun and it should be
next week, next week came and went with another explanation they are waiting on a shipment from the factory in Czechoslovakia, they think the shipment is in
the states but they do not know where and that is all they can tell me. I am now at week 9.

Can someone tell me how they could just issue a shotgun without me doing the legal papers??
I would ask for advice on what to do to get a new gun but I know a dozen people would say buy something American……………..

Posted on: 2016/10/19 12:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Beyond frustrated.
LSF Member
From Princeton,MN
https://www.atf.gov/file/55561/download

Quote:
It is held, therefore, that a firearms transaction record, Form 4473, shall not be required to record
the disposition of a replacement firearm of the same kind and type where such a firearm is
delivered by a licensee to the person from whom the malfunctioning or damaged firearm was
received.

Posted on: 2016/10/19 12:53

LSF Member
From Cedar/Backus
You definitely know your **** JJ on finding the rules....... Any advice as what to do in my situation?? I am normally a pretty mellow person but am getting really upset on this whole B.S., was thinking of trying to get through to a management type person there but I really think they don't care and field these type of calls all day long.

Posted on: 2016/10/19 13:08

LSF Member
From Princeton,MN
Quote:

Loopy wrote:
You definitely know your **** JJ on finding the rules....... Any advice as what to do in my situation?? I am normally a pretty mellow person but am getting really upset on this whole B.S., was thinking of trying to get through to a management type person there but I really think they don't care and field these type of calls all day long.

You are dealing with one of the downsides of imported firearms. the US distributor usually will not warehouse many (if at all), and the orders head out in to the distribution channels.

Meanwhile, with a warranty claim, they have nothing to pick against, and you are left waiting on the next shipment (and hoping they pass inspection stateside).

There's probably not a whole lot you can do, you could ask for a higher-up, but i doubt it will make a huge difference. I deal with these issues every day, and sometimes there just isn't a workaround.

Posted on: 2016/10/19 13:33

LSF Member
From Cedar/Backus
I was thinking of asking if I could upgrade to an O/U if they had one available and I'd pay the extra, but I think that would be a grey area with reading the ATF on warranty replacement.

Posted on: 2016/10/19 14:38

LSF Member
From Princeton,MN
Quote:

Loopy wrote:
I was thinking of asking if I could upgrade to an O/U if they had one available and I'd pay the extra, but I think that would be a grey area with reading the ATF on warranty replacement.

Correct. It would have to transfer through an FFL at that time.

Posted on: 2016/10/19 15:05

LSF Member
From St. Cloud
It happens with American guns/companies too.
I sent my Browning Gold 3.5" in after last season because it wasn't cycling. It was 10+ years old so I expected to pay something for the fix. Browning said it would be about 8 weeks. Well, 10 weeks later they called to say it would be $175 to replace a slide buffer, magazine follower and extractor with another "couple" week wait. I had them send it back and I fixed the thing myself for $35 in parts from Midway. My brother sent his BPS in April for some work and they quoted 8 weeks to him too. They still have it. He called around duck opener and they told him to "dust off your back up gun".

P.S. -Remember the Remington XMark trigger debacle a couple years ago.

Posted on: 2016/10/19 15:46

LSF Member
From Princeton,MN
Quote:

WANNABEINOTC wrote:
It happens with American guns/companies too.
I sent my Browning Gold 3.5" in after last season because it wasn't cycling. It was 10+ years old so I expected to pay something for the fix. Browning said it would be about 8 weeks. Well, 10 weeks later they called to say it would be $175 to replace a slide buffer, magazine follower and extractor with another "couple" week wait. I had them send it back and I fixed the thing myself for $35 in parts from Midway. My brother sent his BPS in April for some work and they quoted 8 weeks to him too. They still have it. He called around duck opener and they told him to "dust off your back up gun".

P.S. -Remember the Remington XMark trigger debacle a couple years ago.

Browning isn't exactly an American gun maker. They loan their brand to a lot of guns, manufactured in a lot of places.

Quote:
United States

Buck Mark 22 Pistols, Buck Mark 22 rifles, 1911-380 and 1911-22.

http://www.browning.com/support/frequently-asked-questions/firearms-manufactured.html

They source the vast majority of their designs, to over seas manufacturers (Miroku and FN being the largest), and maintain a large distribution center in the US.

BTW, both of the guns you listed are manufactured by Miroku: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miroku_Corp.

Posted on: 2016/10/19 16:12

LSF Member
From Cedar/Backus
JJ with your experiences how long does it usually take for a shipment to clear customs?

Posted on: 2016/10/20 12:40

LSF Member
From Princeton,MN
Quote:

Loopy wrote:
JJ with your experiences how long does it usually take for a shipment to clear customs?

Customs can be anywhere from a couple days, to a couple weeks. Usually its a quick process, on that side, but routine audits do pop up on occasion and bog out the process.

On imported items, its usually the inspection process that bottlenecks (most companies do inspections on each lot). Depending on the company model, that can take days, to months. In a previous role doing inspection of sourced optics, it could be 24hrs to 3-4 months depending on workload. Back-ordered items took highest priority, and the bigger the back order in $, the higher priority it took.

Now, that said, shipments do occasionally fail. For my dept, a shipment could be failed for something as simple as incorrect print on the box. When that occurred, everything in the lot was frozen until a resolution was reached for the entire lot.

i can't speak to the company you are dealing with, or where their bottleneck is. I will tell you from personal experience in dealing with warranty returned items, the folks you are dealing with probably feel like crap that they can't do anything. Plus the folks you are dealing with, are likely not even in the same building with the warehouse/inspection. Usually in that situation, the CS reps just use a believable fabrication, to buy some time, because they have no clue what the actual full situation is. They probably have a computer screen with a catch all code, telling them they are in country, but not available to ship.

Posted on: 2016/10/20 13:13

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page