Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

Re: Any ripley reports
LSF Member
From Big Lake, MN
Until the Wolves are De-listed and "Properly Managed" in the State, get used to it.

Posted on: 2016/10/24 17:52

LSF Member
so easy to point fingers but not take the blame for ourselfs dnr gives the tags but we fill them in my opinion too many years of adult does where taken in a area where 2000 bow hunter hunted it was bound to happen, it aint anybetter then having a intensive harvest we blame wolfs sorry to say we were the wolfs

Posted on: 2016/10/24 19:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Sartell, MN
Quote:

foxtraut wrote:
so easy to point fingers but not take the blame for ourselfs dnr gives the tags but we fill them in my opinion too many years of adult does where taken in a area where 2000 bow hunter hunted it was bond to happen, aint aint anybetter then having a intensive harvest we blame wolfs sorry to say we were the wolfs

I kind of agree with this but I do think there should be some manage for them. There have been wolves in Ripley for a while now, early 90s I believe and I would say the hunting pressure there was at its greatest the last 5-10 years I would say.but I could be wrong, not sure what it was prior.

Posted on: 2016/10/24 20:14

LSF Member
From Mora
dnQuote:

foxtraut wrote:
so easy to point fingers but not take the blame for ourselfs dnr gives the tags but we fill them in my opinion too many years of adult does where taken in a area where 2000 bow hunter hunted it was bond to happen, aint aint anybetter then having a intensive harvest we blame wolfs sorry to say we were the wolfs

Thats true but, at the same time we are greedy including the DNR and considering they are the ones who are suppose manage and control the population they got greedy when they saw all the extra money flowing in from the sales of bonus tags and didnt quit until everyone start complaining. Who planted the wolves in ripley? The DNR Who gave out all the permits? The DNR So in my mind they are totally the blame

Posted on: 2016/10/24 20:17

LSF Member
yeah they manage and control but we pull the trigger

Posted on: 2016/10/24 20:36

LSF Member
From central mn/ l.o.t.w
And I'm gonna pull that trigger every chance I get at a wolf..plain and simple...I live with em everyday time to thin em out a little!

Posted on: 2016/10/24 20:59

LSF Member
From pillager, mn
Quote:

TW wrote:
And I'm gonna pull that trigger every chance I get at a wolf..plain and simple...I live with em everyday time to thin em out a little!
I like it when I go to buy a new box of wolf killing permit's! what ever number you like to buy them in! box of 50 or the economy box of 20, heavy weight's or lite it don't matter as long as it get's the job done!! give them a full belly, and send them on their way ! far away!!!

Posted on: 2016/10/24 21:26

LSF Member
From Rice, MN
I started hunting Ripley over 10yrs ago and quite 2yrs ago because of the low deer numbers. I hunted with guys that have been going there since the mid 70's and they all have said they have never seen the numbers go so low as they have been the last 5 or so years. You all say it's our fault for shooting so many deer but why was the heard so strong for so many years then go down so fast and the wolf sighting go up so fast? Those same guys I hunted with in all there time hunting Ripley never saw a wolf or head of many people seeing them until recently. It's like everywhere else in state wolf sighting go up and deer go down until the wolves move on. I hope Ripley gets back to the way it was but at the rate it is going I don't see that happening

Posted on: 2016/10/25 10:26

LSF Member
back in the 70s they dint give out 2000 permits per hunt either

Posted on: 2016/10/25 10:52

LSF Member
From Rice, MN
Quote:

foxtraut wrote:
back in the 70s they dint give out 2000 permits per hunt either

Your right they didn't but, from what I have heard the harvest numbers were always pretty consistent throughout the years and from the people I talked to that hunt Ripley the majority of them are there for a trophy buck not a doe. When I first started hunting at Ripley the reports I saw on deer numbers were in the 30-33 deer per square mile it would be interesting to see what that number is now.

Posted on: 2016/10/25 11:22

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page