Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Fixing trolling motor
LSF Member
I have older boat with older trolling motor, it is Minkota 30lb foot control. Couple days ago it has stopped working, I thought it's time to replace the boat, but after checking the prices decided I'd rather try to fix the motor. Has anybody have this kind of issues, looking for a clues what it might be, wiring seems to be fine, battery is good I checked it give good voltage, any idea? Is there some sort of a fuse in the motor itself?

Posted on: 2016/10/23 19:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Fixing trolling motor
LSF Member
From Wahkon,MN
What is the model?
The PD series had issues with the main boards and also the foot controller.

Posted on: 2016/10/23 20:03

LSF Member
From Ramsey
Had same issue with my previous motor and it was the foot pedal. Worth a try before you dig to deep into it.

Posted on: 2016/10/24 8:05

LSF Member
From Ramsey
There also is a fuse on the wires going to the battery (or at least where mine was if I'm remembering correctly).

Posted on: 2016/10/24 8:13

LSF Member
From Farmington MN
Motor Clinic on W. Old Shakopee Road in Bloomington has been very helpful in diagnosing problems for me and reasonably priced on repairs if it was something I wasn't comfortable fixing myself.

Posted on: 2016/10/25 7:43

LSF Member
From andover
Had the same problem. Took it to get it tested at FishElectronics in Fridley and it was a a bad foot control. Got a new one and it works great. good luck.

Posted on: 2016/10/25 17:04

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

LSF Member
From Mn
Quote:

Stoplis wrote:
I have older boat with older trolling motor, it is Minkota 30lb foot control. Couple days ago it has stopped working, I thought it's time to replace the boat, but after checking the prices decided I'd rather try to fix the motor. Has anybody have this kind of issues, looking for a clues what it might be, wiring seems to be fine, battery is good I checked it give good voltage, any idea? Is there some sort of a fuse in the motor itself?
I have 2 new foot peddles and 2 used,I also may have the boards for your motor if you give the model number.I am near Willmar,Mn.Are you near?contact me at sparcebag0@yahoo.com if interested

Posted on: 2016/10/25 17:51

LSF Member
Sorry it's been awhile, it was just another crazy week without fishing ))) How do I check the model? All that mine says is 30 lbs thrust.

Posted on: 2016/10/29 14:33

LSF Member
Quote:

dew2 wrote:
Quote:

Stoplis wrote:
I have 2 new foot peddles and 2 used,I also may have the boards for your motor if you give the model number.I am near Willmar,Mn.Are you near?contact me at sparcebag0@yahoo.com if interested

Dew, as you said I'm getting back to the original post. And yes, this motor has the white top. This is 33 pound model All Terrain AT33. I haven't checked it for any loose wires but planning to open it today and take a look, but I doubt this will be the case.

Posted on: 6/23 11:43:03

LSF Member
From Mn
OK That motor I know without looking I have no board
Heres a schematic then the site I referenced once I knew it was 33 lb kota AT
https://www.fish307.com/content/schematics/minnkota/1996/33AT-36AT.pdf

https://www.fish307.com/minn-kota-trolling-motors-parts-schematics-1996/

If you want a white top powerdrive I have 1 here in working condition its a 765 I believe.I would charge 30 for the motor and 50 for the foot pedal.If you have a working foot pedal 30 will take it.
Those and many other minnkotas had poor boards that were problematic

Posted on: 6/23 12:47:34

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page