Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Deer urine
LSF Member
From Balsam Township
What do you guys all do with deer urine and other scents. Before this year I have never used any sort of doe pee or scents, and I have never seen antlers from the stand... This year I got a bottle of fresh Doe-in-estrous but i think i used it up too early, 2 weekends ago.

When is it best to use doe pee vs intruding buck scents? What scents do you trust and are the store bought packaged ones any good? I was going to give it another try this weekend but Bwana archery is out of the fresh "good" stuff.

Posted on: 2016/11/10 19:01
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Deer urine
LSF Member
From St.Augusta, Brainerd Lakes Area.
I hang a dripper over a mock scrape filled with Golden Active Scrape, usually put it out the weekend before rifle opener. I have had bucks work that scrape before, but never in daylight. I also use Golden Doe Estrous, I tie a string to my boot and have 2 wicks on the other end soaked with it. I drag that all the way to my stand and do a circle roughly 25-30 yards out around my stand. I also put 2 of the wicks soaked out down wind. I mainly use the estrous and a scent blocker more than anything.

Posted on: 2016/11/10 20:38

LSF Member
From Brooklyn Park, MN
I have a new 4oz package of the good stuff that I forgot to bring with me opening weekend. Unopened in the original package and kept in my fridge since I bought it. It's yours for $15 if you want it. I'll be in Saint Paul tomorrow after 4. - Glenn

Posted on: 2016/11/10 23:04

LSF Member
I steal tampons from the lady and use them as scent wicks and tie them in trees those things can soak up tons of doe pee I tell ya.
Sometime I will drag a scent trail to my stand as well depending on where I am hunting and how I am getting to the stand.

The past two years I have been using those spray buck bombs more often though. I will just shoot some around my stand before I go up then every once in awhile spray it in the air off the stand.

Seems to work for me

Posted on: 2016/11/11 3:32

LSF Member
I have used the code blue, golden, tinks, hotshot

The "good stuff whitcombs"

I cant say one works better than the other because I have shot deer over all of them. Cant say that's the reason the deer cam in either except for one I know was following my trail I dragged in I think I was dragging code blue at the time.

Posted on: 2016/11/11 3:34

LSF Member
From Benedict
I use whitcombs and have shot at least 15 bucks off of it

Posted on: 2016/11/11 10:25

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page