« 1 (2)

Re: Bobcat Sighting
LSF Member
From west central minn
Quote:

TerryOlson wrote:
Quote:

ClearCreek wrote:
When our house cat that weighs about 20 lbs is outside and deer come into the yard the cat will walk or run right up to them and they do not run. I have seen the cat and a fawn even touch noses. It does not seem the deer fear the cat at all.

But, when we had our little lap dog, as soon as he went outside and ran up to the deer they cleared the yard. Maybe it was a combination of the dog barking and approaching the deer.

My point is I don't think a smaller cat like a bobcat would clear the area of deer, especially this time of year. A larger canine would cause the deer to alter there movement patterns much quicker than a smaller feline.

ClearCreek

I thought as much. I researched about the differences between a bobcat and a lynx in trying to determine which I'd seen. The area is within both of their home ranges, but I'm confident this was a bobcat. One site spoke about a lynx being able to take fawns and even being able to kill an adult deer if in the right circumstances. I think that's laughable, but it did cause me to consider the possibility.

You wouldn't think a bobcat could kill a deer,but there's hunter stories and some trailcam pics and videos on the inter web of them doing it.

Posted on: 2016/11/24 9:13
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From burnsville
We see them all the time not sure if they affect deer movement but there is a video out there of a bobcat killing a deer so I would say they can. Or be good for deer movement

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_8700.JPG (1,313.57 KB)
6945_5837117f22510.jpg 3264X2448 px

Posted on: 2016/11/24 11:12

LSF Member
From burnsville

Posted on: 2016/11/24 11:16

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page