Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 »

DNR=Joke.
LSF Member
From St.Augusta, Brainerd Lakes Area.
So I had a question to ask a dnr officer about deer hunting, as I could not find the answer per regulations.
My question was if my doe permit transferred over from rifle season to muzzle loader season, since I did not get a deer in the 2 days I was available to hunt.
So I called up to the Backus dnr since I hunt 246. Answer was, yes "I believe so" I think the law changed last year that it is transferable. He didn't sound to sure about it.

So I decided to call the St.Cloud office being I didn't feel comfortable with given answer. Answer was "No not transferable to muzzle loader being they are 2 different licenses". So I told her that I was told differently by Backus office. So I said to myself WTF, I can't get a true answer from 2 dnr offices. She was certain that it wasn't.

I said ok, I will call the St.Paul office to see what they say. The guy I talked to said Yes it is transferable as long as you have a legal muzzle loader license. So I asked him why can't all your offices come up with the same answer? He fumbled with words and I said well thats F'd up that different officers have different answers since that can get people in trouble, that are not deserving of it, because you have no consistency of the rules or laws.

Sorry for my long drawn out rant, but this just confirms to me that our MN dnr are nothing but a bunch of Jack*sses! What a joke of an organization.

Posted on: 2016/11/14 17:58

Re: DNR=Joke.
LSF Member
From Grand Rapids
I hope you are not expecting an argument against what you said.

Posted on: 2016/11/14 18:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Becker
All adult firearm and muzzleloader hunters must apply for an eithersex permit if they want to take antlerless deer in a lottery area. Hunters can apply using both their muzzleloader and firearm license. After the application period ends, the permits will be allocated in proportion to the license types in the lottery. For example, if 100 either-sex permits are allocated and 25% of the applicants are muzzleloader hunters then 25% of the permits will go towards the muzzleloader season.This has the benefit of having muzzleloader-only hunters compete with other muzzleloader-only hunters.They will not compete with firearm hunters who likely have more preference points.

Posted on: 2016/11/14 18:49

LSF Member
No not expecting an arguement, just letting out some frustration with the dnr. I will be using my doe permit if need be for muzzle loader season since I was told by 2 of the 3 that it was ok.

Posted on: 2016/11/14 20:05

LSF Member
From St. Cloud
I had the same question as you a year or two ago. Emailed the DNR, they said it does. I'd try the same and keep that email handy if questioned.

Posted on: 2016/11/14 20:21

LSF Member
From Detroit Lakes
Like OTC said. Get it in writing. And the dnr enforcement hq is at camp ripley/Little Falls. Best to start there.

Posted on: 2016/11/14 20:35

LSF Member
Did you talk to law enforcement officers at all three offices or did you just talk to the receptionist that answered the phone? Big difference.

These kinds of questions should always be answered by a law enforcement officer.

ClearCreek

Posted on: 2016/11/14 23:09

LSF Member
From Anoka County ,Minn.
I deal with CO's all the time as a hunter safety instructor, I would say you need to call the CO in your area that you hunt. They are hard to get a hold of right now but they are the ones who will make the call if it is legal or not.
If they write you a ticket for illegaly taken Doe your going to pay dearly for it weather you fight it or pay it.

The DNR all stick together when it comes to people fighting their summons.

Good luck, Benny

Posted on: 2016/11/15 0:31

LSF Member
I talked actual officers at all 3 locations. I called the Backus location first since that is the area I hunt. Like mentioned above, I will email and get an answer in writing to bring with. Not saying I will shoot a doe, but the option is nice as I am looking to fill the freezer. Thanks for the input.

Posted on: 2016/11/15 7:04

LSF Member
From North Central MN
WalleyeFreak21,

I disagree with you 100%!.

Just for the record I do not in any shape or form work with or work for the DNR.

I have been un-happy with the DNR over several issues over the years but to say that the ENTIRE DNR are nothing but Jack*sses and the whole organization is a joke is totally wrong and inaccurate! There are a lot of good hard working people that work for the DNR. I personally do not know anyone that does work for the DNR but have met many over the years. What do you do for a job? I wonder if someone could call you on a question and just maybe you were not able to come up with the correct answer 100% of the time......hmmmmmm???

Yes, you did have to make three phone calls + a little aggravation..... big deal. Get over it and put on your big boy pants and have fun nailing a nice deer for the freezer during muzzy season!

Posted on: 2016/11/15 7:39

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page