Resorts & Lodging
Fishing Guides
Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports



« 1 (2) 3 »



Re: DNR=Joke.
LSF Member
Joined:
12/28/2005
Posts: 1173
The consistency of law application or the lack of consistency is certainly an issue. Some of the laws seems to be written intentionally to leave room for interpretation which drives me nuts. The law is the law and there should be no room for different interpretations. In this particular case it seems like a black and white issue with no wiggle room, the issue seems to come into play with education over the new law changes. Doesn't seem like the message of the new change has effectively been communicated down through the ranks. That is also not acceptable. Sure one guy could make a mistake here or there, we're all humans and not perfect but for you to make 3 calls and get 3 different answers ranging from NO, YES, and NOT SURE is not ok.

They need to figure out a better way for writing laws, communicating laws to hunters/fisherman and do a better job in educating their own staff on law changes.

Posted on: 2016/11/15 10:32
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: DNR=Joke.
LSF Member
Joined:
03/17/2004
From Zimmerman, MN
Posts: 1084
Here's what the regs say on page 67:

Regular muzzleloader license—any hunter can buy a muzzleloader
license, including people who have purchased a firearm license.
The license is valid for either-sex deer in any hunter choice, managed, or intensive area. In lottery areas, you must have an either-sex permit to take an antlerless deer.

The last line in that is the important part. If you have an either sex permit in a lottery area, you are good to go from what I can see.

Posted on: 2016/11/15 11:12
_________________
Land of Lakes Bowfishing Association Member
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: DNR=Joke.
LSF Member
Joined:
11/10/2009
From St. Henry, MN
Posts: 503
Quote:

Kato wrote:
WalleyeFreak21,

I disagree with you 100%!.

Just for the record I do not in any shape or form work with or work for the DNR.

I have been un-happy with the DNR over several issues over the years but to say that the ENTIRE DNR are nothing but Jack*sses and the whole organization is a joke is totally wrong and inaccurate! There are a lot of good hard working people that work for the DNR. I personally do not know anyone that does work for the DNR but have met many over the years. What do you do for a job? I wonder if someone could call you on a question and just maybe you were not able to come up with the correct answer 100% of the time......hmmmmmm???

Yes, you did have to make three phone calls + a little aggravation..... big deal. Get over it and put on your big boy pants and have fun nailing a nice deer for the freezer during muzzy season!


So just to be clear, you are ok with the officers not knowing the laws? The laws that they are paid to enforce?That's an odd position to take???

Maybe if the regulation book wasn't over 100 pages, both the hunters and the officers would know what the hell was legal or not.

Posted on: 2016/11/15 12:57
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: DNR=Joke.
LSF Member
Joined:
02/16/2010
From North Central MN
Posts: 1232
Quote:

pickelweasel wrote:
Quote:

Kato wrote:
WalleyeFreak21,

I disagree with you 100%!.

Just for the record I do not in any shape or form work with or work for the DNR.

I have been un-happy with the DNR over several issues over the years but to say that the ENTIRE DNR are nothing but Jack*sses and the whole organization is a joke is totally wrong and inaccurate! There are a lot of good hard working people that work for the DNR. I personally do not know anyone that does work for the DNR but have met many over the years. What do you do for a job? I wonder if someone could call you on a question and just maybe you were not able to come up with the correct answer 100% of the time......hmmmmmm???

Yes, you did have to make three phone calls + a little aggravation..... big deal. Get over it and put on your big boy pants and have fun nailing a nice deer for the freezer during muzzy season!


So just to be clear, you are ok with the officers not knowing the laws? The laws that they are paid to enforce?That's an odd position to take???

Maybe if the regulation book wasn't over 100 pages, both the hunters and the officers would know what the hell was legal or not.


No it is not OK for officers to not know the law AND that is not what I said! Who's perfect??? You? OP? Me? None!

Let me clarify for you!

I disagree with the OP that not all DNR personal are Jack*sses and that the DNR is nothing but a Joke.

I agree with you on the regulations are so numerous that its getting ridiculous and driving people away from the outdoor sports. IMHO

Posted on: 2016/11/15 14:14
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: DNR=Joke.
LSF Member
Joined:
05/12/2010
From St.Augusta, Brainerd Lakes Area.
Posts: 689
Kato, I know the dnr do good. I was basically saying all this, because I just can't understand why all the officers of the dnr can't be on the same page with laws and answers.
I do wear my big boy pants each and everyday. I don't mind making 3 calls looking for an answer I can't find myself. I just feel that if they didn't know or were not sure of the answer, maybe they should of took my name or said to call back after they try and get a for sure answer.

Posted on: 2016/11/15 14:31
_________________
"If Hilary Clinton can't satisfy her husband, what makes her think she can satisfy America?" ~Donald Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: DNR=Joke.
LSF Member
Joined:
02/16/2010
From North Central MN
Posts: 1232
Quote:

WalleyeFreak21 wrote:
Kato, I know the dnr do good. I was basically saying all this, because I just can't understand why all the officers of the dnr can't be on the same page with laws and answers.
I do wear my big boy pants each and everyday. I don't mind making 3 calls looking for an answer I can't find myself. I just feel that if they didn't know or were not sure of the answer, maybe they should of took my name or said to call back after they try and get a for sure answer.


I agree with you and I kind of figured it was more of frustration than anything else.

In past posts by others and sometimes by me it seems easy to bash the DNR as a whole but we forget about the good DNR personal and the hard work that they do for us Minnesotan's! IMHO

Good Luck Muzzy hunting!

Posted on: 2016/11/15 14:55
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: DNR=Joke.
Hunting Field Staff
Joined:
02/04/2008
From Iron Range.
Posts: 1924
Although I try to give the DNR credit when due(and at times it is hard for me), there is no way I can give them a pass. Call and ask about a basic law and get three different answers? That's absurd. If ticketed over this issue, I guarantee that the OP would be hung out to dry by the masses here about how irresponsible he was for not knowing his laws..... If the department that made the rules can not clearly, concisely give you a black and white answer regarding a simple law, then I agree with the first post......what a joke!!

If I asked an officer about a law, and then got cited by a different officer for following the info of officer #1, I would be beyond irate. And I would wager that most of you would be as well.

Posted on: 2016/11/15 20:35
_________________
It's better to be in the boat with a drink on the rocks than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.......
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: DNR=Joke.
LSF Member
Joined:
02/22/2012
Posts: 210
Quote:

Shortline wrote:
If I asked an officer about a law, and then got cited by a different officer for following the info of officer #1, I would be beyond irate. And I would wager that most of you would be as well.


If that happened you would win in court.

ClearCreek

Posted on: 2016/11/15 21:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: DNR=Joke.
LSF Member
Joined:
08/08/2015
Posts: 160
Some things don't make sense here. First if you called Backus, Sauk Rapids, or St. Paul office you're not going to get a CO at any of them since COs work out of their home. Next the Backus office is forestry only, you can't expect them to know every hunting regulation. Since we have no clue who the original poster talked to, try not making judgements. There's a number on the hunting and fishing regulations booklets for the question line down in St. Paul. For any general questions they can answer it. More area specific questions would need to go to area CO, wildlife or fisheries managers.

Posted on: 2016/11/15 23:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: DNR=Joke.
LSF Member
Joined:
05/12/2010
From St.Augusta, Brainerd Lakes Area.
Posts: 689
I have been to the Backus dnr a few times to ask questions since it is 9 miles from where I hunt. Everytime I have been there, CO's have been present. When I called Sauk Rapids, a lady answered as dnr, I asked her if she was an officer... Yes was the answer. I called the main dnr headquarters in St.Paul he in fact was an officer. I should of got names at all 3, I supose I still can. However I will be emailing the question so that way I can get an answer in writing.

Posted on: 2016/11/16 7:11
_________________
"If Hilary Clinton can't satisfy her husband, what makes her think she can satisfy America?" ~Donald Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer



« 1 (2) 3 »




[Advanced Search]


 

 
Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page