« 1 2 (3)

Re: DNR=Joke.
Hunting Field Staff
From Iron Range.
Quote:

ClearCreek wrote:
Quote:

Shortline wrote:
If I asked an officer about a law, and then got cited by a different officer for following the info of officer #1, I would be beyond irate. And I would wager that most of you would be as well.

If that happened you would win in court.

ClearCreek

You are probably correct. But at the cost of a vacation day, time and hassle of dealing with it, lawyer cost, and the embarrassment of being cited in the first place, I would still be irate over it, and I'd still wager most here would be as well in that situation.

To find out what the law is, the entire "ask the local warden, because it is his call" seems wrong to me. Asking any any warden about a specific law should yield 100% identical answers. (Or at least a "I will have to look that up" if they do not know immediately).

The local warden has the duty to make a judgment call on whether to cite you for an infraction, but he does not have the power to decide what the actual law is. If what you are doing is in question, then it is his job to determine if you were violating the law or not, and he then has the power to decide to you a pass or a warning if he feels citing is not warranted.

Posted on: 2016/11/16 7:11

LSF Member
From Central MN
The DNR has to much power and do as they please. I unfourtunately got a ticket for something I called and Confirmed was legal only to be ticketed. The question in hand was changed in the regualtion book the following year. Now I email the DNR one time and go with the answer I get. Keep in mind it must be a CO as the people that answer the phone at the headquarters are by law not held accountable for knowing the laws and cant give legal answers, I found this out the hard way. I lost all respect for all COs involved in the case. Some are good but some are awful. Sharp Peterson Stattelman

Posted on: 2016/11/16 22:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From St.Augusta, Brainerd Lakes Area.
I got a response by email from the hunting department at the St.Paul DNR headquarters. He responded saying that "Anterless Permits" DO transfer over to muzzle loader season in the same area as were drawn for. He clarified it and attatched page 83 out of the regulation book. That is how I read it kind of originally from page 83 but I wanted a solid answer from said DNR. So yes you can use doe tags muzzle loader season. Good luck.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 7:24

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page