Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Jiffy Pro4 or Honda Strikemaster in 10inch
LSF Member
From Fargo, nd
I currently have a Jiffy Pro4 and i am going to sell it and get a new one. Just debating if the i get the same auger because i have had no issues with my Pro4 just want to upgrade to the new generation or if i should give the Strikemaster a try since it is so much lighter. Thanks

Posted on: 2016/11/16 11:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Jiffy Pro4 or Honda Strikemaster in 10inch
Pro Staff
From walker
The pro 4 was too heavy for me. I went with the Honda lite 10" and love it. Starts, cuts and reopens holes great.

Posted on: 2016/11/16 12:57
www.walleyetrips.com
Fish house rental - www.leechlakeicefishing.com
218-368-6424

LSF Member
I went with a ion. Does everything I need and no gas to mess with. I drill 10-20 holes on average when I go out with no problem.

Posted on: 2016/11/16 13:48

LSF Member
Unless I am behind the times, Strikemaster doesn't make a propane auger. So comparing propane to gas, not sure why you would go back to gas. But Strikemaster does make an electric, so if you are comparing to that, then it is based on need.

I have the Pro4 and love it, best auger I have ever owned. If I had to do it all over again, I would look at the electrics though, as it would fit my needs too. I never seem to drill more than 20 holes in an outing.

But for now, the Pro4 is great.

Posted on: 2016/11/16 14:06

LSF Member
From a lake,mn
Propane is gas so no real difference except weight and cutting speed.

Posted on: 2016/11/16 14:19

LSF Member
OK, get technical. So propane vs. liquid gas, HUGE difference if you have a leak!!! And easier to carry extra fuel, and the propane can be used with other accessories, like heater.

Posted on: 2016/11/16 14:32

LSF Member
Ha! Not even close to the same thing.

Ive never seen propane gum up a carb because its more than 30 days old.

I love my propane. Come talk to me at the hardwater show in Blaine or at gander and let me show you some differences.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 11:58

LSF Member
I was looking at the Honda but couldn't justify the added cost so I went with a solo laser. I will never switch to propane or electric. Nothing says ice fishing like the fresh smell of 2 stroke and the popping of an auger on a December morning

Posted on: 2016/11/17 12:09

LSF Member
From Fargo, nd
I am just comparing solely on 4 stroke not based on propane or gas. It just as easy for me to carry one of the other. Yes propane can be used for heat as well but i care a 20lb in my otter sled behind a snowmobile so that doesn't really help me to have extra 1lbs around. I am just asking the question on functionality and practicality because my jiffy in on an auger rack on my tunnel and the weight of the power head tweaks my tunnel a little bit cause of the weight. It doesn't hurt anything but wanted to know how guys liked the 4 stroke honda strikemaster. I drill between 20-50 holes a day depending on if the fish are biting or if i have to search so electric is out of the question for me. Yes i know you can get maybe 50 holes on a battery but i do not always set up my house so i am not going out of my way to keep a battery warm when i can have a gas auger of some sort. My main question is if that honda has enough power for a 10" hole when i am drill up in winnipeg with 3 feet of ice or am i gunna wish i had my jiffy back.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 17:09

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page