Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Ice Show Deals.
Staff Team
From Bloomington
So who got what at the show?

Did anyone score a good deal on anything?

It look like things were bought since the classifieds are lighting up.

Posted on: 2016/11/21 12:44

Re: Ice Show Deals.
LSF Member
From Faribault, MN
This past weekend had two choices - Blaine or Mankato.

Having picked the latter, my review was this - the "1st annual ice fishing and RV show" was very heavy on the second half of the title. If you wanted a Yetti fish house in one of various states of finish, or one of a few fifth wheel campers, you were set (at what seemed like decent prices on 2016 stock). There were two rooms, and between the two, the only things which weren't wheel houses or campers were a table of wheel house accessories (think rattle reels, hole sleeves, covers, etc.), two Eskimo houses set up in a corner (almost as an afterthought), and a few Ion augers (because any wheel house purchase came with a free Ion). For someone not in the wheel house or camper market, Blaine would have been a much better choice...

Posted on: 2016/11/21 13:49
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Fargo, ND
I went to Ice Fest at Scheels in Fargo last weekend and picked up a bunch of jigging raps and slab raps for 30% off, plus a free ice force beanie for every 5 lures so I'll have some spares laying around in my shack.

Posted on: 2016/11/21 13:53

Staff Team
From Bloomington
There was also one in Forest Lake at GM on Saturday only.

Anyone hit that one?

Posted on: 2016/11/21 14:05

LSF Member
From Saint Paul
Went to the Blaine show on Saturday, not sure why as I wasnt that impressed last year. Was hoping to find a deal on an LX7 but that didnt happen. Lots of people and not alot of product, unless you wanted something from Clam, who puts the show on. I did buy a 36inch metal fish trough to keep in the shack. Got that for 10 bucks as they had some they had to get rid. Considering the other versions they sold were $30-50 I couldnt pass up that price.

Posted on: 2016/11/21 15:48

LSF Member
I was less than impressed as well. Spent a couple hours at the ice show in Blaine. More of a "Clam Pro Staff" get together. Not being a huge clam fan, it probably didn't help but was worth it to waste some time. Didn't see any great deals, free stocking hat with $20 worth of VMC jigs. JT rods had one of the better deals as well. There rods were some of the best I have ever seen and will for sure give them a shot over TUCR or Thorne Bros. Talked to Joe for a while, really nice guy. Wife would kill me if I came home with a 2 new rods. In the end I came home with some jigs and few convenience items for the otter.

Posted on: 2016/11/21 15:59

LSF Member
What kind of a deal was striker offering on suits at the show? I'll be at the St Paul show and I already have the predator bibs and I want the matching jacket.

Posted on: 2016/11/21 17:00

LSF Member
From Linwood, MN
Went to GM in Forest Lake. No real deals. Mostly they offered $25 and $50 gift cards depending on how much you spent. I'd rather just pay less. St Paul show...here I come.

Posted on: 2016/11/21 17:25

LSF Member
From West Fargo, ND
Scheels Ice Fest had some good deals on 13 wicked combos and striker ice LE suits. Didn't find anything special at the Blaine show. After the $10 entry you better be buying something other than a combo at 25% off to make it worth it. Nothing there that you can't find from Gander/Cabelas/Dicks/Scheels/Fleet Farm online with their Black Friday deals they have coming up IMO.

Posted on: 2016/11/21 19:40

LSF Member
Went to the show, got a lx6 for 565 out the door (they pay for tax) and got a striker ice hard water bib and jacket for a total of 300. Saved a ton of money!

Posted on: 2016/11/22 7:01

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page