Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Sausage seasoning with no MSG
LSF Member
From andover
Yes you are right that you do not need cure for every sausage. However for smoked sausage done on low temps and cold smoking you do which is most of the sausage made for smoking done right using cure. Cure gives you color and enhances flavor as well for smoked items high temp smoking or cold or low temp. For fresh sausage no cure is required. It is made normaly the same day or the mix is left overnight and stuffed the next day. Then used or packed for the freezer and is usually cooked over higher temps on the grill or on the stove. good luck.

Posted on: 2016/12/7 19:26

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

x

Posted on: 2016/12/7 22:50

LSF Member
From A private lake in the woods
MSG is also a likely/probable neurotoxin.

Im happy to have found this thread, as I want to buy MSG-free seasonings myself. I've always used LEM and didn't think too much of it, but now that I have a little one I pay close attention to what I feed him. THANKS!

Posted on: 2016/12/14 14:21

LSF Member
From andover
Best way to find out about any company that sells seasonings is to contact them directly about any ingredient that may cause a health risk to you or your family. Just saying so on this forum does not mean that it's so. I'm sure there are more than one company that sells seasoning without msg knowing that it affects some folks, so contact them and all will be good. For example I use seasonings from Curley's. I look at their ingredients. In big capital letters MSG is part of the ingredients. We don't have a problem with that in this family but some family's do have a concern. MSG has to be noted in ingredients. If LEM has some seasonings without MSG than it would not be in the ingredients or noted that it has no MSG. Always contact the supplier if there is a concern. good luck.

Posted on: 2016/12/14 16:35

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

LSF Member
From NE Mlps, MN
Thanks for the tips on the seasonings guys. Yes my wife is sensitive to MSG and I'm not allowed to make sausage or snack sticks she can't eat.(she never had venison until we started dating and she loves it). We ended up not making and sticks this year because my dad mismeasured the weight of venison and we didn't have enough for sticks we ended up with 50lbs of polish, 40lbs of Summer sausage, 20lbs of hot Italian,and 20lbs of sweet italian .

Posted on: 2016/12/19 0:02

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page