Resorts & Lodging
Fishing Guides
Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Can I upgrade to LED bulbs without changing fixture?
LSF Member
I have a older king crow house that uses the standard 1157 12 volt bulbs. Can I just replace the old light bulbs for LED bulbs without replacing fixture? If so what bulbs and where do I get them? Thanks

Posted on: 2016/11/28 6:08
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Can I upgrade to LED bulbs without changing fixture?
LSF Member

Posted on: 2016/11/28 8:00

LSF Member
From Saginaw, MN
Quote:

auger394 wrote:
I have a older king crow house that uses the standard 1157 12 volt bulbs. Can I just replace the old light bulbs for LED bulbs without replacing fixture? If so what bulbs and where do I get them? Thanks

Yes you can replace them without replacing the fixture. Found the best buy on Amazon, but there are other places. Just make sure to not get the directional ones.

Posted on: 2016/11/28 8:17

LSF Member
From Hiding from the Wife!
As stated above you can replace them easily! I searched around for the best price and ended up ordering mine off of ebay. Make sure you get a natural white and not the bright white (ridiculously bright). I bought the flat bulbs rather than the round ones.

Posted on: 2016/11/28 9:53

Staff Team
From Bloomington
I bought some for a '75 slide in camper. They will not light. I hook them up to a battery they work. Put them in a working fixture in the camper they do not work. Not sure if they are not getting a full 12V at the socket or what.

As stated online is a way better deal than you local auto part store.

These that I have are 1156 / 1141. Are you replacing dual filament bulbs?

If your close to Bloomington I have 6 bulbs I am not using so you can test for free. I actually bought new sockets so I can use some of the bulbs for another project.

Posted on: 2016/11/28 11:17

Pro Staff
From walker
as stated above you can find replacement led bulbs. You will be amazed at long the led's will last on a battery. The only way to go. I use the flat ones as well.

Posted on: 2016/11/28 12:15
www.walleyetrips.com
Fish house rental - www.leechlakeicefishing.com
218-368-6424

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page