Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Triple Bobcat- 2016 Opener
LSF Member
From St. Paul, Hackensack-Longville-Leech
This past weekend for Bobcat opener I may have had the single handed best day I will ever have in the field. For years I have been following these cats on cams, had several encounters but have never been able to connect during the season. Friday happened to be one of those days that nothing could go right, I lost the remote to my e-caller and had to go buy a whole new set on Black Friday which alone was almost enough to not make me go, plus a few other things that didnt make the day go any better. Got up to our land Friday night and began to plan the first sits for Saturday. Morning came and I snuck out to what I thought to be my best chance. Fired up the Foxpro and Mojo critter and started with Snoeshoe1 for a call, started light and bumped things up over time....a few times I paused the call and sat there waiting. My plan was to sit 1 hour at each spot as Bobcats can take time to creep in. at the 30 minute mark I noticed something coming through the pines to my south.....the problem was I had planned for things to come from the north and I was totally exposed if I moved. I sat there in full camo and mask and waited til I could make a move. The excitement poured in as I watched the cat trot right towards my call, as it approached it happened to look down the field the other direction allowing me to raise my gun. At about 15 yards away I pull the trigger and watched my first Bobcat go down!!! I couldnt believe what happened and as I sat there doing the mini fist pump and wanting to get up I remained in my set. Right at that moment I saw something deep in the pines where the cat came from, no way could this be possible??? 2 more cats approaching the edge! They were very reluctant to come out the entire way and sat just inside the woods for several minutes and eventually walked back in. I flipped the call to see if I could entice them back which did happen, but again they would not commit to coming out. Eventually they decided they would take off and I saw them leaving where I first saw them come in. It was now or never to get a double and I made a squeak kiss sound which stopped one right in the opening. I braced and pulled the trigger again, boom saw that cat go down but to add the icing on the cake. The 3rd cat was exactly next to it and I dropped both cats in there tracks with only one shot. All 3 cats were mature and I still dont know why they were together? chance the 2 smaller ones were offspring from several years back and met for day hunt? Days later I still cant believe what happened, what a surreal moment in hunting....years of planning, scouting, hunting paid off ten fold!

Limit for day, season is 5....stay away trolls haha

Getting a rug of the biggest cat and will get the other 2 pelts done....Enjoy

Attach file:

jpg  IMAG0002_1.jpg (562.37 KB)
13453_583f63bde33ad.jpg 1490X1505 px

Posted on: 2016/11/30 18:14
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Triple Bobcat- 2016 Opener
Pro Staff
From walker
That's awesome !! nice kitties

Posted on: 2016/11/30 18:55
www.walleyetrips.com
Fish house rental - www.leechlakeicefishing.com
218-368-6424

LSF Member
From Mora - Knife lake
Unbelievable! That is a once in a lifetime thing there. Congrats!

Posted on: 2016/11/30 19:33

LSF Member
From Coon Rapids
Congrats... I enjoy pics along with a good story. Well done sir.

A few years back i knew there were Yotes around where I hunt. I set out a call about 50yrds away... Hit the rabbit call. within 10 secs a bobcat pounced on my call and was gone before i even flinched. cool stuff.

Posted on: 2016/11/30 21:50

LSF Member
From Sartell, MN
Dang that's sweet. Nice job.

Posted on: 2016/11/30 22:04

LSF Member
From Maple Grove, MN
Well done! That's awesome. Thanks for sharing

Posted on: 2016/11/30 22:20

Hunting Field Staff
From Iron Range.
Holy crap!

By the end of your story I was on the edge of my seat. Great tale and great result. Excellent job on keeping calm and sealing the deal!

Be proud of that day!!!

Posted on: 2016/11/30 22:58

LSF Member
From WBL
That is way too cool - great job!

Posted on: 2016/12/1 0:13

LSF Member
From Mille Lacs/Landfall
Incredible. many outdoorsmen never even see 3 bobcats. Congratulations!

Posted on: 2016/12/1 9:15

LSF Member
From St. Paul, Hackensack-Longville-Leech
Thanks for sharing the excitement, figured you guys would enjoy the story! Buddy sent me a few more pics last night

Attach file:

jpg  Bobcat Triple #1.JPG (200.48 KB)
13453_584031b20ee34.jpg 768X1024 px

Posted on: 2016/12/1 9:20

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page