Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Vexilar K-Drill
LSF Member
From Grease Lake
What's the feedback on the K-drill? I am intrigued by them but would like some thoughts from someone who's used one. 6" or 8"? I heard you can overlap your holes which would make the 6" a decent choice but has anyone done that? Is it worth picking one up if you have the correct drill?

Posted on: 2016/11/30 20:12

Re: Vexilar K-Drill
LSF Member
From Minnesota
Love them...I have the 6 and 8 inch. Paired with a Milwaukee. My strikemaster just hangs in the garage now. They cut ridiculously smooth and fast and lifetime blades. My buddie still has one of there original prototypes that is eight years old now. Still cuts flawless. Overlapping holes is easy although I don't find it necessary.

Posted on: 2016/11/30 20:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
I bought one this year have not used it. however seen them and tried them last year. Awesome is all I have to say and a drill I can use when ever. I have back issues and the jerking of a power auger hurts. I have a Nils which is great but because of the welded round holder so you don't lose it shortens the ice depth you can penetrate. Cant wait for 13 pounds less to drag on first ice.

Posted on: 2016/11/30 20:48

LSF Member
Are these an all season drill? I know the ice can get pretty thick at the end of the year.

Posted on: 2016/11/30 22:45

LSF Member
I just bought the 8" K-drill and Milwaukee setup. I've never tried one but watched a few videos. I had the ion with reverse last year which was nice except in my castle the wide handlebars i thought this setup would be ideal so we shall see.

Posted on: 2016/11/30 23:25

LSF Member
From North Central MN
Ive had the 8" with the Milwaukee 18vlt drill for about 3-4 years now and love it!

It does have lifetime blades but mine are in need of a sharpening which will get done before ice.

I use mine up to about "14 and then I go back to my gas auger. Its seems to be less work with the gas than the K-Drill with 14+" but that could very well be because of the dull blades. Will find out this year.......if we ever get any ice.

Posted on: 2016/12/1 7:00

LSF Member
From West Fargo
I have had the 8" with the Milwaukee drill and it awesome. I have been running this setup for 3 years now and would not switch. The light weight and compact profile makes it great for wheel houses or for the back of the UTV when running around. It really shines when you have 18" of ice or less, but I have used mine on Devils Lake when there was 36" of ice and it works just fine, just can cut as many holes. I am purchasing the 6" for this season.

Go buy one you wont regret it.

Advantages:
Lightweight
Cuts holes quickly
Reverse to clear holes
Drill can be used year round
Can cut larger holes if necessary by overlapping

Cons:
When the batteries are dead, no more holes until you recharge.

Posted on: 2016/12/1 8:49

LSF Member
Yes, they are good all season.

Posted on: 2016/12/1 9:06

LSF Member
From Northern MN
My 8" K Drill and Milwaukee M18 drill are being delivered today. Bring on the ice.

Posted on: 2016/12/1 10:56

LSF Member
From Grease Lake
Wow, thanks for the input. Either these drills are that good or you all coincidently work for Vexilar.

Posted on: 2016/12/1 20:04

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page