Re: Vexilar K-Drill
LSF Member
I don't

Posted on: 2016/12/1 20:05
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From minneapolis
what kind of milwaulkee drill you guys using? i have a mil. drill but its not the brushless fuel model

Posted on: 2016/12/1 20:31

LSF Member
From Minnesota
Recommend brush less. More than likely burn out a non brush less. Don't work for vexilar. I run three batteries with one on the charger at all times. Never really worried about running out of juice.

Posted on: 2016/12/1 23:35

Pro Staff
From walker
What model # Milwaukee are you guys using ? 1/2 hammer drill ?

Posted on: 2016/12/3 11:39
www.walleyetrips.com
Fish house rental - www.leechlakeicefishing.com
218-368-6424

LSF Member
From Minnesota
M18 hammer drill. 2703-22.

Posted on: 2016/12/3 13:04

LSF Member
From Grease Lake
I picked one up at the Ice Show; was priced at $30 off. Awesome deals at the show. Once I purchased it, had a lot of people come up and say it would be the best purchase I could have made.

Posted on: 2016/12/3 22:13

LSF Member
Hello All,

I picked up a Jiffy Pro 4 Lite, but haven't had the opportunity to use it yet. It is way lighter than the 10" blade I was running the last few seasons. I really like the propane style for its ease of use and ability to swap 1 gallon tanks out with my heaters.

I believe my current auger runs about 28lbs, which is substantially lighter than my last model. If I read it right the K-Drill should come in around 13lbs, is that accurate? If that is true, it would be a real benefit, since I am always looking to go lighter.

I fish the entire ice season and want to have a lightweight, mobile set-up that can do it all.

For the guys that have used it all, do you think the K-Drill is the best answer? If so, why, and which brand and model should I get? Price is always a factor, but I am willing to pay top dollar for the high quality products because I want it to run in all conditions and for longevity. Thank you for your time, I look forward to your answers!

Posted on: 2016/12/5 11:14

LSF Member
From Minnesota
In my experience it is the best lightweight most mobile auger. I run the 6 and 8 inch bit....6 for panfish 8 eyes. I run the Milwaukee M18 hammer drill. No drill plate or anything. Just use the hammer drill handle. I run three batteries. With an inverter charging one at all times when I am in the truck or quad. If I am walking out. Not much ice I can get close to 100 holes on three batteries. If I can't find fish in that amount of holes Ihave probably covered my walking distance. It cuts like butter and is extremely fast. The blades are a lifetime blade free replacement if they were to dull. It is easy to reopen old holes. I run and gun all the time never have to start my auger...no recoils or parts to break. I fish lake Winnipeg every year and drill a lot of holes through four feet of ice and had no problem using the k drill. I have the 5 ah batteries. But I know Milwaukee now has a 9 ah battery so upgrading to the latest and greatest technology is just a matter of buying a new battery pack. Drill companies will always be ahead of auger companies just by pure size so the technology as far as long lasting batteries will be out in the market for a drill much sooner than an auger. The bit does attach to a strike master power head and i have tried it on mine but really didn't have a need for the gas power head so hangs in my garage now. Pricey for the set up yes a little but my drill gets used year round and not just three months like a regular auger. If you have anymore questions feel free to pm me. No I don't work for vexilar.

Posted on: 2016/12/5 11:37

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page