Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

First Trip to Devils
LSF Member
From Cloquet, MN
Looking at the most up to date 15 day forecast it looks like Devils should be locked up here in the coming week or so! My group and I normally do a first weekend of January trip to LOTW, but we decided to mix it up this year and try Devils from the 5th-8th. Are there any words of advice anyone has for Devils first timers? We'll be staying at Lakeview, and it looks like there is a lot of structure fairly close to the resort. Primary target species is planned to be 'eyes and perch, but we'll have some tipups with in case we get the urge to chase some of the trophy pike as well! Thanks!

Tight lines..

Posted on: 2016/12/6 9:36
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: First Trip to Devils
LSF Member
From Andover, MN
PM sent.

Posted on: 2016/12/6 11:11

LSF Member
From Fargo, nd
John and Maria are awesome at lakeview lodge. You will like them a lot all they will do there best to help you out fishing. Although i have fished devils lake a lot and if this is your first time there i would suggest getting a guide for the first day. Perch Patrol is really good to work with. Devils lake is a tough lake to fish and sometime it may take you 2-3 day to find fish if you dont have a area that has been good.

Posted on: 2016/12/6 18:30

LSF Member
From central mn
Devils lake is a fantastic fishery,never stayed@ lakeview but fished the entire area,creel bay can be very productive,run and gun the tree's,they always hold fish,then on the other side of the resort you have 6mile bay and the towers,if you have current mapping data you'll find old farm rock piles,farm roads,sunkin shelter belts etc.Goodluck.

Posted on: 2016/12/7 12:11

LSF Member
From Baxter, MN
not sure if you're running humminbird electronics, but you can buy the map individually now along with some low/historic aerial imagery to help find those areas snow is referring to
https://chartselect.humminbird.com/

Posted on: 2016/12/7 12:29

LSF Member
It froze over yesterday I've fished it for years it can be great I would get a guide for the first day since you've never been there before check out hooked up guide service he'll help you out

Posted on: 2016/12/10 21:01

LSF Member
From Fargo
Did the main lake finally freeze ladt night? Woodland said only creel was froze as of yesterday morning. Should get some good clean ice this year on the Big Devil

Posted on: 2016/12/11 0:11

LSF Member
From Grand Forks
Not sure where on Creel Bay the Woodland boys checked and they had 4-6 inches on the stick and they are saying upper 6 mile has 9"

Posted on: 2016/12/14 20:36

LSF Member
From Cloquet, MN
How is everything faring after the storm? We'll be heading out in a little over a week, so we're starting to get anxious! As of now, will wheelers OR sleds be capable of travel, or should we plan on just bringing the sleds?

Thanks!

Posted on: 2016/12/27 9:26

LSF Member
I would bring the sleds, some accesses were bad before the storm on the northen lakes.

Posted on: 2016/12/27 10:09

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page