Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: First Trip to Devils
LSF Member
From Cloquet, MN
Quote:

holmsvc wrote:
I would bring the sleds, some accesses were bad before the storm on the northen lakes.

Good to know!

According to the most recent forecast it isn't supposed to get above zero any of the days we'll be up there, so I'm not sure how much running and gunning we'll be doing on the sleds but it will be nice to be able to efficiently move when necessary.

Posted on: 2016/12/27 10:36
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
Quote:

waldo102 wrote:
Quote:

holmsvc wrote:
I would bring the sleds, some accesses were bad before the storm on the northen lakes.

Good to know!

According to the most recent forecast it isn't supposed to get above zero any of the days we'll be up there, so I'm not sure how much running and gunning we'll be doing on the sleds but it will be nice to be able to efficiently move when necessary.

Perfect, does anyone have any experience on devils when its brutally cold like It appears it will be when we arrive? Have you noticed if the fish relate more to structure during that time period or more in the basins? I guess id just like to know what on the lake would be a good starting point with that pressure system rolling through, cause like Waldo said we don't plan on moving to many times if the weather is that bad in the portables! Thanks!

Posted on: 2016/12/27 13:21

LSF Member
The fish movements seem more seasonal than short term weather related. The cold fronts just tend to make the bite more challenging. Sometimes perch fishing is better during a cold front if you can get a stretch of sunny days; seems like they school up better with sunshine.

Posted on: 2016/12/27 17:05

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page