Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Ice conditions
LSF Member
From New Ulm
Does anyone have any information on the ice conditions on Lake Bemidji. Was thinking about heading up this weekend?

Posted on: 2007/11/27 21:32
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Ice conditions
LSF Member
From East Central,MN
Welcome to LSF PikeHunter. I am not familiar with the current conditions in that area, but am sure a member or a staffer will respond for you! Again welcome to the site and good luck onthe ice this winter.

Posted on: 2007/11/27 21:37
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same" Ronald Reagan
2014 LSF Fall Trolling Get Together Champion

LSF Member
Bemidji just skimmed over this morning. It was wide open yesterday. I haven't been out to look at the smaller area lakes but I'm willing to bet that there will be fishable ice by this weekend on them. I wouldn't count on Bemidji for this weekend though.

Posted on: 2007/11/27 22:17

LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
Fishable by this weekend? Most of the lakes in the area are already fishable. People have been out on some lakes since Sunday. I'm finding and hearing 2.5-5" on most area lakes. It's building quickly, tonight I stopped by a local pannie lake and it was popping, which is a great sign!

JMN, that should answer your question from the other thread.... ;)

PikeHunter, if you're looking to fish Bemidji itself, I'd wait a bit. It's a big lake, so waiting for wheeler access is imperative. If you're looking to hit pannies around Bemidji, come on up, the fish are hungry and the ice is walkable!

Posted on: 2007/11/28 3:57

LSF Member
From Baxter, MN
sounds good matt! I cant wait to head out, maybe I'll head out tomorrow morning b4 work!

Posted on: 2007/11/28 13:29

LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
You're working huh? What are you up to these days for bait and beer money? ;)

Too bad you aren't working for me again this year. I could use another good hand!

Posted on: 2007/11/29 1:57

LSF Member
From Baxter, MN
well, what I call "work" is actually replying to threads on these sites! just putting in odd hours hrere at the library b4 and after class during the week. after this semester is over(2 weeks), I'll probably give you a call to see if you still need some help

Posted on: 2007/11/29 9:52

Supporting Member
From Bemidji
Bemidji was steaming from the middle this morning. Becareful if you head out guys...

Irving looked like half the town was out on it yesterday afternoon. LOL

Posted on: 2007/11/29 10:23

LSF Member
From Baxter, MN
anyone driving out yet besides on irving? how much ice up there? i'm back home here in the chities until thursday :(

Posted on: 2007/12/23 17:12

LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
Saw the first truck out on the south end of Bemidji today. I still wouldn't attempt it. I have my house on Irving. The ice is still precarious with the varying snow depths. I have 15" of ice on one side of my house and 12" on the other - it's a 16' shack! Just an example of the random ice thickness. I have heard that people are still finding areas with only 8" the last few days on Irving!
Be careful out there.

Posted on: 2007/12/27 0:10

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page