Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Moose Lake/Island/Echo
LSF Member
Anyone know if the lakes have locked up yet. Not looking for safe ice, would just like to know if they froze up yet?

Thanks

Posted on: 2016/12/8 8:23
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Moose Lake/Island/Echo
LSF Member
From Mille Lacs/Landfall
Other lakes near there have. I would say yes.

Posted on: 2016/12/8 11:24

LSF Member
Not sure about Echo but Moose and Island have not froze up yet. There is some ice along the shores in areas but mostly open.

Posted on: 2016/12/8 11:55

LSF Member
From Champlin/Mahtowa mn
Going up to the barnum area this weekend to grouse hunt Will let you guys know how ice is.

Posted on: 2016/12/8 12:58

LSF Member
how are the lakes looking in the moose lake area? i have a cabin on sand lake and will be up there the week after christmas

Posted on: 2016/12/15 16:44

LSF Member
From Barnum
Moose is about 5". Some portables out there last couple days. Saw one spear house on Sand, 4" when I checked last Sunday. Should be close to 6" after this week.

The snow we got was mostly after it locked up and it's been a light snow so still building ice.

Posted on: 2016/12/16 0:47

LSF Member
From Barnum
UPDATE as of 12/18/16:

Portables (and sleds/wheelers) on most area lakes (Island, Sturgeon, Sand, etc) some spear houses going up on Sand.

Checked several area lakes (big and small) and found 7" to be the average. Fished Saturday for the first time this year and found the bite to be SLOW! Hoping the upcoming change in the weather will positively affect that. It'll be a 50 degree swing in temp from yesterday to tomorrow...

I know people hate posting fishing reports on these big forums but there are a small handful of us that actively check/update this forum in the hopes pooling our resources to find decent fish.

Feel free to PM me if you're headed out this way and maybe we can trade reports...

Posted on: 2016/12/19 13:55

LSF Member
From andover
Hell, bring on the reports. i for one appreciate it and I'm sure most do. Really appreciate it. GWOTvet, I'll be fishing Grindstone in mid january so Hope to see you there sometime. Trout opener. Some nice pike to be had there also. good luck.

Posted on: 2016/12/19 17:24

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

LSF Member
I love the reports. It's hard to find any for the moose lake area (I have a cabin on sand) I will be up for three days next week chasing some
Panfish and will report back with what I find. Weather is looking good for the next couple weeks for active fish!

Posted on: 2016/12/19 20:21

LSF Member
From Barnum
Part of what's drawn me to ice fishing is the solitude of it. So I mainly fish smaller or more obscure lakes in the area. Have found crappies, just not big enough waters to support slabs...

I know the spots that I see portables on Sand and Island each year but have yet to ice fish them. Pressure on parts of Island has been a bit overwhelming the past couple years, so I have steered clear. But maybe dozens of people can't be wrong...

We'll see. Over ten thousand lakes... Now I just gotta pick one!

Posted on: 2016/12/22 23:46

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page