Fishing Guides
Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Best place to rent a sleeper on Red lake?
LSF Member
From Plymouth MN.
Where's the best place to rent a 4 man sleeper on Red lake?

Posted on: 2016/12/15 7:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Best place to rent a sleeper on Red lake?
LSF Member
From Lino Lakes, MN
Easy answer to that question, Bear Paw Guides. Been going to them for years and they have always come through. They're willing to put in the extra effort to constantly go above a beyond customer expectations is unbelievable. They will continuously check on you throughout the day, plus they will move you if your not catching fish, or you ask them directly, and they will not hesitate. Steve and Tyler run a first class resort. And I'm 100% positive there are other fellow fisherman that will back me on that. Good luck and tight lines. Gotta go, heAR my rattle reel going off. Lol

Posted on: 2016/12/15 7:43

LSF Member
I second that. I went with Bear Paw my first trip, then made the mistake of trying some others. They are one of a few true guide services on the lake.

I won't name the others but I have been told. "You're renting a house, if you want to catch fish you need to bring a portable" I have had a similar experience with 3 different ice house rental places.

Bear paw called or stopped in every few hours to see how we were doing. As soon as we left, they had another group move to the house we were in because they weren't doing as well. I'm not saying you're guaranteed fish, but they try their best.

Posted on: 2016/12/16 9:32

LSF Member
From Minnesota
This will be my fourth year using Bear Paw Guides, and I love it. They are the only outfitter I have used and that is because they have always put us on fish. I bring my portable because I like to move around during the day, and Steve and Tyler are always helpful with telling me where to bring the portable. I think that is one of my favorite parts is that we have a few people stay and fish in the perm and then Steve and Tyler tell me where to go with the portable where they arent able to bring the perms yet and we kill it there too.

Posted on: 2016/12/16 10:27

LSF Member
Bearpaw, outdoor authority, beacon harbor, red lake remote.

Posted on: 2016/12/16 11:13

LSF Member
From Fargo, ND
I am renting a sleeper out of Battle River rentals this weekend. They go out of the Boondocks Landing, which is the furthest west access. I have heard a lot of good things about it, I will let you know how it is!

Posted on: 2016/12/16 11:18

Hunting Field Staff
From Grand Rapids, MN
I stayed at RedlakeIceCabins last year and could not have been happier and have booked my trip for this year. Awesome houses, great prices, friendly/helpful staff.

Posted on: 2016/12/16 11:40

LSF Member
From Cass Lake
I would look at Chads guide service.

Posted on: 2016/12/16 13:12

LSF Member
I'd second that with looking into Chad Benson. Always puts us on fish!

Posted on: 2016/12/16 14:49

LSF Member
We went though Alpine Fish House Rentals last year and were impressed with the house and the service (they run their houses through Rogers). Going back through them this year on Jan 5th

Posted on: 2016/12/16 15:42

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page