Fishing Guides
Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Underwater Camera
Looking at getting an underwater camera. I would like a DVR option to record. Any one own a Marcum Recon 5 Plus? I have it narrowed down between that an the Aqua Vu. Marcum has better pricing. $429 vs $599 for the Aqua Vu. Thanks!

Posted on: 2016/12/15 22:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Underwater Camera
LSF Member
From North Central MN
Quote:

cwetts88 wrote:
Looking at getting an underwater camera. I would like a DVR option to record. Any one own a Marcum Recon 5 Plus? I have it narrowed down between that an the Aqua Vu. Marcum has better pricing. $429 vs $599 for the Aqua Vu. Thanks!

I own a Marcum Recon 5+ and will use it the first time later today. The crispness of the picture on the Marcum over the Aqua Vu made the choice for me. I have owned both Aqua Vu and Marcum before and the Marcums seem to always have a better picture.

Posted on: 2016/12/16 6:59

LSF Member
From South Central
I have a Marcum vs825sd and the camera body stopped working at three years old. They wouldn't warranty it so I had to buy a new $300 camera for it. So I guess I'd by the aqua view.

Posted on: 2016/12/16 8:41

LSF Member
From South Metro
Would you expect a company to warranty a product after 3 years of being out in some of the toughest conditions, even though when I believe they come with a one year warranty? Thats like trying to have Apple warranty your iPhone after three years. After you are past the warranty, its all on you.

Sorry not trying to start anything but stuff goes wrong with electronics especially when they are out in the bitter cold like today (-21). I chalk it us as a drop in the bucket for owing a great unit. Cost of doing business....

Posted on: 2016/12/18 18:22

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page