Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Italian sausage seasoning recipe
Field Staff
From Willmar, MN
I'm running low on italian sausage and need to make some more. Wondering if anyone has any good recipes they'd like to share? I don't plan on making any links, just bulk for pizza, lasagna, spaghetti, etc. I've tried some of the pre mixed seasonings before but would like to try making one from scratch. Feel free to share any recipes with some heat also, we usually like a little spice it it.

Thanks

PS Reinhard....Your website was the first place I looked for ideas and have a few already.

Posted on: 2016/12/18 23:20

2015 Team Archery Contest Winner
2016 Team Archery Contest Winner
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Italian sausage seasoning recipe
LSF Member
From NE Mlps, MN
We just made a batch of venison hot Italian and it was the best we've ever made. Nice and simple with perfect flavor.

For 20lbs

12lbs venison (you can use all pork butt)
8lbs pork butt
6T + 2t cracked fennel(get regular fennel seed and crack it in a motor and pestle)
6T + 2t fine ground black pepper
6T + 2t Kosher Salt
2T Brown sugar
4t crushed red pepper flakes
4cups ice water

Grind meat through the corse plate. Mix seasonings in the ice water well (we blast it in the blender quick). Pour over the meat evenly and mix well then grind again through the medium plate or corse depending on the texture you like.

For a sweet italian take out the red pepper and use 4T brown sugar.

Posted on: 2016/12/18 23:44

Field Staff
From Willmar, MN
Thanks Fishin_not_Catchin, that's exactly what I was looking for. We also plan on doing a blend of venison and pork shoulder.
Might doctor it up with a little garlic powder and italian seasoning!

Posted on: 2016/12/19 0:14

2015 Team Archery Contest Winner
2016 Team Archery Contest Winner

LSF Member
From NE Mlps, MN
That recipe is a mix of a few different ones that I found and doctored to be as simple as possible and still give the flavor we were looking for. That's the best part of making your own, You an make it exactly how you want it. Cheers

Posted on: 2016/12/19 0:26

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page